Earlier this month, Microsoft launched two of its latest affordable handsets, the Lumia 640 and Lumia 640 XL, in India. The larger device features a gigantic 5.7-inch display, and has a suggested retail price of Rs.15,799 (roughly $250 USD), while its smaller sibling, the 5-inch Lumia 640, was priced at Rs.11,999 ($189).
But as WMPU reports, you can now get the Lumia 640 Dual SIM for even less, as the device is currently available via leading online retailer Flipkart for just Rs.9,999 ($158). That's not a bad price at all, considering the 640's specs, which include:
- 5-inch ClearBlack IPS LCD with HD (1280x720px) resolution and Corning Gorilla Glass 3
- Quad-core 1.2GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 400 processor
- 1GB RAM
- 8GB onboard storage (plus microSD support up to 128GB)
- Backside illuminated 8MP rear camera with LED flash and 1080p video recording
- 0.9MP front-facing camera with wide-angle lens and 720p video
- Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n
- Bluetooth 4.0
- Ambient light sensor, accelerometer, proximity sensor, magnetometer and SensorCore
- Replaceable 2500mAh battery
- 141.3 x 72.2 x 8.8mm; 145g
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update 2
The deal is even sweeter when you consider that the Lumia 640 (and the larger XL) comes with a free one-year Office 365 Personal subscription for your PC, worth Rs.3,299 ($52).
Bear in mind, however, that if you were considering grabbing the Lumia 640 to test the latest Windows 10 Technical Preview for phones, you may want to hold off on that purchase for now. Microsoft removed the Lumia 640 from its list of devices approved for the preview a few days ago, due to issues with rolling back installations to Windows Phone 8.1.