Unfortunately, it has become all too clear that some banks and services aren't falling over themselves to support Windows phones; however, one popular High Street bank in the UK has decided to up its game with an all new app for the eco-system. While this app can be used on Windows Phone 8, 8.1 and Windows 10 Mobile, it's the latter which makes the update interesting, since it also received full Continuum support.
As for the changes and features, check out the changelog below:
Check out the refreshed look and feel of our brand new Windows 10 app! In addition to the brand new Windows 10 app, we have introduced the following:
- Easily send your account number and sort code so people can pay directly into your account
- Get a reminder of your customer number in the menu
- Continuum so that you can connect a monitor, keyboard and mouse to your Windows 10 Phone for a PC-like experience!
- With the NatWest Mobile Banking app managing your money on the move is easy, fast and secure.
- Get Cash from your account without using your debit card
- Pay a person or bill
- Pay your contacts using their mobile number
- Transfer money between your NatWest accounts
- Check your balance and transactions
- View and cancel your direct debits and standing orders
- Create standing orders to existing payees
- Find your nearest cash machine or branch
- Top up your UK Pay As You Go mobile phones (available for major UK mobile networks only)
As you can see above, the interface is clean and supports Windows 10 natively; however, there is no PC version yet, and as such can only be installed on Windows phones. The app was also updated for the offshore banking version which you can find here.
Windows phone users will surely be pleased at a bank like NatWest actively supporting the platform. It comes at a time when other banks are leaving, such as Chase, which discontinued its app in January, 2015. Others are making a return by embracing Windows 10, such as Bank of America.
Source: Windows Central