Welcome to episode 11 of the Neowin Podcast, the show where Rich Woods and João Carrasqueira talk about all the big news from the past week.
There wasn't a lot of big surprising news this past week, so this episode focuses on some of the new updates to Microsoft products, including Windows 10 builds, a new Xbox update, and some improvements on the way to the Chromium-based version of the Edge browser. We also talk about the death of the Skype SMS Connect feature, and the upcoming Snapdragon 855 Plus chipset.
Before you jump into the episode, here's a list of the topics and their respective timestamps in this episode:
- 4:19 - Microsoft releases new Windows 10 builds in the Slow Ring with support for third-party assistants on the lock screen
- 7:19 - Microsoft is starting to auto-update Windows 10 1803 users to 1903
- 16:19 - Microsoft is killing off Skype SMS Connect, making way for Your Phone
- 25:40 - Edge Dev build 184.108.40.206 brings dark mode to Windows 7 and 8.1
- 30:47 - Xbox Insiders in the Alpha ring are now testing version 1908
- 33:01 - Microsoft posts Q4 earnings with Intelligent Cloud finally beating More Personal Computing
- 40:54 - Apple may put its old rainbow logo on some of its products this year
- 46:20 - Qualcomm unveils the upgraded Snapdragon 855 Plus for gaming, XR, AI and 5G
The SoundCloud version of this episode is embedded below, but you can also find it on YouTube, iTunes, and Google Podcasts. And if you'd rather listen via a dedicated podcast app on your phone, you can subscribe to the series by using the RSS feed below:
This will let you get new episodes automatically as they're released. Without further ado, here's the episode:
Let us know what you think of this episode in the comments, and stay tuned next week for a new one with more exciting news!