If you're one of the early adopters of Microsoft's latest Lumia 950 or 950 XL smartphones, chances are you've come across a few hiccups here and there. While the Lumia 950 and 950 XL are not widely available, it's good to know that Microsoft is dedicated to supporting and improving the experience of its newest smartphones.
Rolling out to Lumia 950/950 XL owners is Microsoft's most recent firmware build, titled "01078.00027.15506.020xx". Here's a list of what Microsoft says is included with this update:
- Stability and performance improvements.
- Improvements for SD memory card support.
- Improvements for automatic display brightness settings.
- Fix for a camera problem that was causing noisy images in low-light conditions for some users.
- Fix for a 4K video problem that was causing stripes to show up while playing back recorded videos for some users.
If you haven't seen the update on your 950/950 XL, you can wait for the automatic update to trigger or initiate the update yourself. Simply going to Settings > Update & security > Phone update > Check for updates. After a few seconds you should see a confirmation that the update is available and, depending on your data settings, the update will begin downloading and installing to your device.
There are surely more fixes coming to the 950 devices in due time, so if you're experiencing other issues be sure to voice your issues to Microsoft directly by following the link at the end of this article.