Although HMD Global has yet to make any announcement about a new variant of the Nokia 8 flagship smartphone, the device is already available for purchase through online retailers in Finland for a price of €649.99.
The new version of the smartphone features 6GB of RAM and 128GB of internal storage as compared to the 4GB and 64GB configuration on the standard variant that launched in August. Apart from these changes, rest of the specifications are identical to the standard variant and are as follows:
- Snapdragon 835 octa-core processor
- Adreno 540 GPU
- 5.3 inches LCD with 1440p resolution
- Dimensions: 151.5 x 73.7 x 7.9mm (0.4mm camera bump), 160g
- Dual 13MP rear cameras (one color with OIS and one monochrome)
- 13MP front camera with Dual-Sight, OIS, PDAF
- Network: GSM: 850/900/1800/1900 WCDMA: 1, 2, 4, 5, 8 TDS-CDMA: 34, 39 LTE: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 20, 28, 38, 39, 40, 41
- 3,090mAh battery
Since most flagship devices today are offering similar specifications, the upgraded variant will be HMD Global's key to compete with others. However, there is also the possibility of the launch of a Nokia 9 with even higher specifications.
Since there is no official word about the device from the company, we do not know whether it is launching in other markets or is a limited edition kind of deal in Nokia's home market yet.