Just as multiple high profile games are preparing to launch in the next couple of weeks, Nvidia has released a new driver to add much-needed support for them as well as for the latest RTX graphics card release.
Today's WHQL-certified 457.09 Game Ready driver comes carrying support for Watch Dogs: Legion, which launches today. Nvidia has also added day-one support for DiRT 5, Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit Remastered, Ghostrunner, and Xuan-Yuan Sword VII.
The GeForce RTX 3070 graphics card from the green team is also launching today, and this driver is a recommended install for anybody who manages to grab one. Moreover, the Max Q Dynamic Boost setting in the Nvidia Control Panel has been renamed to simply say Dynamic Boost.
Here are all the bug fixes included in this driver:
- [Turing GPU][Notebook]:On some Turing-based notebooks, users may see a black window when playing back a video in a web browser. 
- [For Honor][RTX 30 series]:Game will crash to desktop when launched on GeForce RTX 30 series graphics cards. 
- Random flicker may occur in multi-monitor configurations when G-SYNC is enabled. Flickering occurs on Dell S2417DG and Dell S2716DG monitors when playing YouTube or Twitch videos at 144 Hz. 
- [Forza Motorsport 7]: The game may crash to the desktop when starting a race. 
- Users may see a black screen when launching a game on a monitor using DSC (Display Stream Compression). 
- [G-SYNC]: With G-SYNC enabled on some Freesync displays, half of the screen goes black. 
The currently known issues list goes as follows:
Windows 7 Issues
- [Notebook][H-Clone]: With the integrated graphics processor as the clone source, display settings cannot be changed from the NVIDIA Control Panel. 
Windows 10 Issues
- [G-SYNC][NVIDIA Ampere GPU architecture]: GPU power consumption may increase in idle mode on systems using certain higher refresh-rate G-SYNC monitors. 
- [Freestyle/Ansel]: After launching and then closing Star Wars: Squadrons, Freestyle/Ansel stops working on supported games. 
- To work around, reset the NVIDIA Control Panel global 3D settings. Open the NVIDIA Control Panel > Manage 3D Settings page, then select the Global Settings tab, click Restore and then click Yes at the confirmation dialog.
- [Freestyle][Vulkan apps]: With the freestyle filters applied, a blue-screen crash occurs when pressing [Alt+Tab] while running Vulkan applications. 
- [Warzone][RTX 30 series]: Users may see a drop in performance during gameplay.
- [Sunset Overdrive]: The game may display random green corruption if Depth of Field is enabled from in-game settings. 
- [Forza Motorsport 7]: The curb may display a black strip during a race on certain tracks. 
- [YouTube]: Video playback stutters while scrolling down the YouTube page. 
- [Notebook][RTX 2060]: Notebook display may flicker or turn black when Microsoft Hybrid Graphics is disabled. 
- [Notebook]: Some Pascal-based notebooks w/ high refresh rate displays may randomly drop to 60Hz during gameplay. 
The 457.09 WHQL Game Ready driver can be downloaded through the GeForce Experience app or the links listed below. The release notes for this release can be seen here.