Thanks Brad for this update alert. ObjectBar is a program that allows you to extend the Windows interface to have additional menus, bars, and program items.
You can easily build pretty much any type of desktop user interface with it. What's unique about ObjectBar is how practical it is. The interfaces one creates with it really work well.
While ObjectBar can look really cool, it's really designed about making you more productive. A few example features in 1.5:
- You can replace the Windows right-click desktop menu with one that can have the same options plus others you add.
- You can access the right desktop menu through a hot key at any time.
- You can have menus and bars with virtually every imaginable system command possible.
- You can assign a hot key to any item making nearly anything on your system available in a couple keystrokes.
- You can have your ObjectBar look automatically inherit its skin from WindowBlinds.
- You can use DesktopX plugins with ObjectBar (SDPlugins) and hence create bars and menus and the like that monitor system resources, the weather, virtual desktops, and pretty much anything else you'd want.
- New caching system makes ObjectBar menus pop up faster than the default Windows menus.
- Version 1.5 has a much simplified user interface to make it much easier to create bars and themes.
Screenshot: Example of replacing desktop menu
News source: Stardock ObjectBar