Pale Moon is an Open Source, Goanna-based web browser available for Microsoft Windows, Linux and Android, focusing on efficiency and ease of use. Make sure to get the most out of your browser!
Pale Moon offers you a browsing experience in a browser completely built from its own, independently developed source that has been forked off from Firefox/Mozilla code, with carefully selected features and optimizations to improve the browsers speed, resource use, stability and user experience, while offering full customization and a growing collection of extensions and themes to make the browser truly your own.
- Optimized for modern processors
- Based on proprietary optimized layout engine (Goanna)
- Safe: forked from mature Mozilla code and regularly updated
- Secure: Additional security features and security-aware development
- Supported by our user community, and fully non-profit
- Familiar, efficient, fully customizable interface
- Support for full themes: total freedom over any elements design
- Support for easily-created lightweight themes (skins)
- Smooth and speedy page drawing and script processing
- Increased stability: experience fewer browser crashes
- Support for many Firefox extensions
- Support for a growing number of Pale Moon exclusive extensions
- Extensive and growing support for HTML5 and CSS3
- Many customization and configuration options
Pale Moon 18.104.22.168 changes:
This is an out-of-band update to address the following issue:
- In 29.4.0, the optional FUEL component (long since deprecated precursor to the Mozilla Add-On SDK) was removed from Pale Moon. This had unexpected impact on a number of popular extensions as well as a few bits of core functionality that went unnoticed in our pre-release testing and unstable channel.
- As part of our commitment to resolving issues and giving extension developers some more time to address any problems with this removal of the component from the browser, this update temporarily restores the FUEL component.
- If you are an extension developer relying on FUEL components or namespaces (e.g. implicit 'Application'), please update your extension before the next major release.
Changes in v22.214.171.124:
- This is an out-of-band update to address the issue that in rare occasions on both Linux and Windows, audio would stop working (e.g. for playing videos or MP3s). We're still investigating the root cause of this issue on Windows (Linux cause was already found) but have temporarily reverted to our previous audio library (libcubeb) version for this release to provide a proper media experience for our users in the interim.
Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware