Panasonic unveiled a new 2-in-1 Windows 10 device today, aimed at companies and workers who require hardware that can withstand some punishment. Part of its Toughbook line, the detachable tablet and keyboard combo will be available this May in the US.
The Panasonic CF-33 is a 2-in-1 or standalone 12-inch tablet that comes in a rugged exterior, and can be utilized in bright sunlight or heavy rain. The 3:2 aspect ratio of the device supposedly offers superior viewing angles while the QHD (2160 x 1440 pixels) resolution allows for higher image quality.
The device features six modes of use when paired with a keyboard, even folding up as briefcase. Meanwhile, the four-mode input: keyboard, touch - including with gloves on - voice with Cortana, and pen, allows users to do work whenever needed. The device and its sturdy build comes in at 1.52 Kg (3.3 pounds) as a standalone tablet and 2.76 Kg (6 pounds) as a 2-in-1.
Panasonic also mentioned several other features for the CF-33, including ones that are optional:
- Powered by Windows 10 and up to a 7th generation Intel Core processor
- A 2MP webcam with stereo microphones and 8MP documentation rear camera that allows you to login quickly and easily with Windows Hello
- A 4G LTE option, and the option for the latest U-Blox NEO-M8 GPS for precise navigation
- USB 3.0, HDMI, LAN, micro SD-XC and headset ports
- Twin hot swappable batteries provide you with the ability to extend the battery life and the choice to change the battery while in use
- The sleek Desktop Port Replicator allows the Panasonic Toughbook CF-33 2-in-1 detachable laptop to be used as a high-performance desktop device. The four-bay battery charger is ideal for large organizations where the ability to charge multiple batteries can reduce work downtime.
Unfortunately, the CF-33 doesn’t come cheap. In the US, the device will launch in May and pricing starts at $3,499 for the standalone tablet and $4,099 for the 2-in-1 experience. In Europe, the device will become available sometime in Q2 of this year with pricing starting at €2992 / £2213 plus VAT for the tablet or €3552 / £2627 plus VAT for the full package.