Razer has revealed their latest gaming laptop at CES 2016. Hailed as their cheapest and smallest laptop to date, the Razer Blade Stealth packs serious specs into a 0.52” thin Ultrabook weighing in at just 2.75lbs. Despite being a gaming orientated Ultrabook, the device relies on the Skylake Intel HD 520 chipset for on the go gaming duties. That should be more than enough for modern games at low settings, but there is a trick up its sleeve…
Razer has revealed that the Ultrabook can be upgraded to desktop class graphics by way of a peripheral called the Razer Core. This allows the svelte Ultrabook to connect via Thunderbolt 3 to an external enclosure housing a full sized graphics card.
The Razer Core can support any full length PCI-Express x 16 Graphics card from NVIDIA or AMD. The Razer Core comes with 4x USB 3.0 ports and Gigabit Ethernet on-board. The peripheral also has two colour lighting effects provided by Razer Chroma to give it that essential gaming sizzle.
The Razer Blade Stealth comes in either a 2560 x 1440 QHD model or a pixel busting 3850 x 2160 UHD variant, both displays fully support touch. The on-board CPU is the Intel Core i7-6500U running at 2.5GHz. The machines can be further customised with differing size PCIe M.2 SSD Storage up to 512GB but memory remains fixed at 8GB. On top of all this the Stealth has the Razer Chroma Backlight keyboard. This allows each individual key to be customised with its own colour.
- Display/Resolution: QHD (2560 x 1440) UHD (3840 x 2160) 12.5" IGZO 16:9 aspect ratio, with LED backlight, capacitive multi-touch, up to 170° wide viewing angles
- Storage: 128GB SSD (PCIe M.2) 256GB SSD (PCIe M.2) 256GB SSD (PCIe M.2) 512GB SSD (PCIe M.2)
- Processor: Intel® Core™ i7-6500U Dual-Core Processor 2.5GHz / 3.1GHz (Base/Turbo)
- Graphics: Intel® HD Graphics 520
- Memory: 8GB dual-channel onboard memory (LPDDR3-1866MHz)
- Wireless: Wireless-AC (802.11a/b/g/n/ac + Bluetooth® 4.1)
- Input & Output: Thunderbolt™ 3 (USB-C™) USB 3.0 port x2 (SuperSpeed) Multi-point touchscreen interface Built-in webcam (2.0MP) HDMI 1.4b audio and video output
- Keyboard: Chroma anti-ghosting keyboard with individually backlit keys
- Power & Battery: Compact 45W USB-C power adapter Built-in 45Wh rechargeable lithium-ion polymer battery
- Size: 0.52” / 13.1 mm (Height) x 12.6” / 321 mm (Width) x 8.1” / 206 mm (Depth)
- Weight: 2.75 lbs./ 1.25 kg
The Razer Blade Stealth is available to order now from their online store now (US) and starting off at $999.99 all the way up to $1599.99 for the top end model. Shipping from end of 29th January. At present there is no release date or pricing on the Razer Core peripheral.