Xiaomi has launched the latest smartphone in its affordable Prime series, the Redmi 9 Prime. Even though it is a budget smartphone, Xiaomi goes all out in the camera department and packs in a quad-camera setup at the back. There's also a large battery and a Full HD+ display, a rarity in this price segment.
The Redmi 9 Prime sports ‘Aura 360 Design’, a variation of what it calls ‘Aura Design’ that we’ve seen on Xiaomi smartphones since last year.
Redmi 9 Prime Specifications
- Operating System: Android 10 with MIUI 11
- Display: 6.53-inch (16.58cm) Full HD+ | Corning Gorilla Glass
- Processor: Helio G80 octa-core up to 2.0GHz | 12nm process technology
- GPU: ARM Mali-G52
- RAM: 4GB LPDDR4X
- Storage: 64GB/128GB | Expandable up to 512GB via microSD card
- Rear Camera: 13MP AI primary camera | 8MP 118° ultra-wide | 2MP depth sensor | 5MP macro lens
- Front Camera: 8MP
- Battery: 5020mAh | 18W fast charging support (10W charger bundled) | USB-C
- Connectivity: Bluetooth 5.0 | IR Blaster | 3.5mm headphone jack
The Redmi 9 Prime comes in two storage variants – 64GB and 128GB – while the RAM stays the same, and four color variants - Space Blue, Mint Green, Sunrise Flare, and Matte Black.
Priced at ₹9,999 ($133) for the 64GB variant and ₹11,999 ($160) for the 128GB variant, the Redmi 9 Prime will be available first on Amazon.in as part of the upcoming Amazon Prime Days sale starting August 6. Post that, the phone will also be available on mi.com and at Xiaomi's network of offline stores.