Microsoft announced Sticky Notes version 3.6 today, and it's available to Windows Insiders on the Skip Ahead ring. For now, you need to be running Windows 10 Insider Preview build 18855 or higher to get it.
The most notable feature is that you can add images to your notes. This is a feature that Microsoft's Jen Gentleman first tweeted about back in November, and it showed up on the web in late December. Naturally, those that have been using it have been waiting for the feature to show up on Windows 10.
Another big feature is support for multiple desktops. Here's the full changelog:
- Add images to your Sticky Notes. After all, a picture is worth a thousand words.
- Improved speed and added icons to the context menu when selecting text.
- Many more bug fixes and improvements.
- Multi-desktop support is finally here. Stick your notes wherever your work takes you.
- Select specific notes with the taskbar or with Alt + Tab and Win + Tab. But do not worry, Ctrl + Tab still is there for you to only switch between your Sticky Notes.
The good news is that this app update will not remain exclusive to the Skip Ahead ring for long. Build 18855 is from the 20H1 development branch, meaning that it won't RTM for another year. Obviously, Sticky Notes will be updated long before then.