The Humble Store is no stranger to giveaways, and today, it has begun a brand new one for The Darkness II, celebrating the Indie Mega Week sale that just kicked off. For those unaware of the game, it is a supernatural first-person shooter from 2012 developed by Digital Extremes, the architects behind Warframe.
The Darkness II takes place two years after the original game. But, since The Darkness never launched for the PC, you're out of luck if you want to experience the original game first.
Taken from its store page, the game's major features are as follows:
- 4-Player Co-op Campaign - Play as one of four unique characters each capable of wielding weapons infused with Darkness powers.
- Quad-Wielding Chaos - Slash, grab, and throw objects and enemies with the Demon Arms while simultaneously firing two weapons, adding a new dimension to the FPS category.
- Harness an Unstoppable Power - Master the Demon Arms and summon the powers of The Darkness for even more explosive gameplay.
- Kill the Lights - The vicious powers of The Darkness manifest only in the shadows so use the environment to your advantage and watch out for enemies who will use light as a weapon.
- Intense and Personal Journey - Experience a dark, twisted and gripping story written exclusively for the game by acclaimed comic book author Paul Jenkins whose credits also include The Incredible Hulk, Wolverine, and the original The Darkness game.
- Distinctive Graphic-Noir Style - Graphic novel shading and color combined with the dramatic lighting of film noir pays tribute to the source material and brings the pages of the comic series to life. Inspired by the popular comic book series created by Top Cow.
Playable on Windows and macOS, The Darkness II carries a Very Positive user rating score on Steam and would normally cost $29.99 to purchase, but you can claim a free Steam copy of it right now through the Humble Store. The giveaway lasts for the next two days, but once claimed, remember to redeem it on Steam, as the redemption deadline is set for April 11.