Microsoft today released yet another Xbox One Insider Preview build, which brings the build number to 16299.5085. The build string is 1802.180116-1916, meaning that it's a preview of version 1802, the next minor feature update for the family of consoles.
The build does contain some new features, which were promised when 1802 was first announced. Note that some of the new features listed have already appeared in previous builds.
Inactivity Shutdown Options
- We’ve added additional inactivity shutdown options to the Power mode & startup menu. In addition to shutting down the console after one or six hours of inactivity, you’re now able to select options for two, three, four and five hours. To enable the inactivity shutdown options:
- Under Options, select the “Turn off after” dropdown menu.
- Navigate to Settings > Power & startup > Power mode & startup.
Do Not Disturb
- Sometimes all you want to do is avoid all distractions and focus entirely on your game. We’ve included a “Do not disturb” online status, which will suppress notifications and let your friends know that you’re not available for another game or activity right now. To enable Do not disturb status:
- Open the Guide and select your profile icon to the far left.
- Select My profile.
- From the Appear online dropdown to the right, select Do not disturb.
Mini Game Hubs
- With Mini Game Hubs you can access great content for the games you’ve played recently from a Game Hub without ever having to leave the action. Mini Game Hubs provide an easy way to see friends who are currently playing, upcoming Achievements, Looking for Group posts, and more. To find the Mini Game Hub, launch the Guide and look for a new icon to the right of all Game tiles in the Home section.
- You asked—we listened! We’re excited to announce that we’ve added the ability to put your themes on a schedule. In addition to choosing either the light or dark theme, you can now schedule a time to automatically switch between them. Simply follow these steps:
- Navigate to Settings > Personalization > Theme & motion.
- Select Scheduled from the “System theme” dropdown.
- Select the times at which you want the light theme to start and end.
- A new icon will appear in the Guide. The Guide Game Pass Discovery Tile (the “Surprise me with a random Game Pass Game tile”), now shows in Guide.
There are also a couple of fixes:
Home and Guide
- Additional fixes to address an issue which could cause Home and Guide to fail to display or crash.
Installation and Achievements
- Resolved an issue which caused the progress bars for downloads/installations and achievements to display incorrect information.
Finally, there are a bunch of known issues:
- When downloading a system update, you may get stuck at a loading screen and only see the loading spinner. Workaround: If this occurs, please DO NOT try to factory reset or reboot the console—this is an issue with the update service and should eventually resolve on its own.
- The Guide may sometimes lose focus during navigation.
- Party chat sometimes crashes in the Guide.
- Games that are installed fail to launch. Workaround: If the games are installed to an external drive please copy the game to the internal drive or attempt to delete the title and redownload to fix the launch error.
- We are investigating the inaccurate RGB colors that have been reported when displaying in 4K HDR mode when playing a UHD disc.
Avatars on Home
- Users can now represent themselves as an Avatar on Home by changing their settings. To do so, simply navigate to My profile > Customize profile > Show my avatar.
- The left and right navigation for selecting date and time during Tournament creation is currently reversed when the console language is set to Arabic or Hebrew.
- Left and right navigation in Tournament twists is reversed when the console language is set to Arabic or Hebrew.
- Left and right navigation in the bracket view of Tournaments is reversed when the console language is set to Arabic or Hebrew.
If you're on the Preview Alpha ring - which is still invitation-only - this update is rolling out to your console now. You can get it by heading over to Settings -> System -> Updates, or it should automatically install at some point.
If you're on one of the lower rings - which are open to everyone with varying levels of experience in the Insider Program - you should be seeing 1802 builds pretty soon. The version number indicates that it should be finalized next month, so it should be hitting the Preview Beta ring any day now.