It was about a month ago that Xiaomi unveiled its latest handset, the Mi 6. Although it had an incredible starting price of $360, it offered top-end specifications like Qualcomm's Snapdragon 835 processor, 6GB RAM, and dual 12MP cameras. While this alone would be impressive, Xiaomi also offered those looking for a bit more, a ceramic model, that had little details like 18K gold around the camera lenses and a ceramic exterior.
The roughly $440 variant of the Mi 6 went on sale today, and it looks like the handset has already sold out. Much like the highly limited Mi MIX, it didn't take long for those in Asia to snap up the available stock. If you're interested in the Mi 6, the standard model is still available, and offers the specifications down below:
- 5.15-inch screen with color balancing software
- 3D curved glass body, except on ceramic model
- Snapdragon 835 10nm processor @ 2.45 GHz + Adreno 540 GPU
- 6GB LPDDR4X 64-bit dual-channel memory
- Storage 64 or 128 GB
- 2 x 2 dual Wi-Fi antennas
- Dual world-facing camera, 12MP wide-angle + 12MP telephoto, 2x optical zoom, 4-axis OIS
- 3,350 mAh battery, with MIUI optimizations
- Android 7.1
- Stereo speakers on the sides of the device
- Fingerprint scanner embedded under glass
If you live outside China, you can always pick up the handset at the majority of third party vendors.