It was a long time coming, but YouTube TV was finally revealed to the public towards the beginning of the year, giving users a new way to enjoy broadcast content. While the service was previously only available to smartphone, tablet, Chromecast, and computer users - it is now being expanded to offer support for more devices.
The YouTube TV app will be available on televisions that support Android TV, which includes, but is not limited to brands like Sony, LG, Samsung, and more. Furthermore, the YouTube TV app will also be available on the Xbox One and Apple TV. The design will be similar to the existing app and should make current users feel right at home.
As far as additions go, here's what's new in the latest version of TV app:
- Control your live TV experience with your TV's remote control or game controller.
- For a more cinematic look, we made the background dark on your TVs.
- A new Live guide made for your big screen so you can get a sneak-peek at what's airing soon.
- Never miss the action with our background playback experience built for your big screen.
- Easily pick up where you left off on another device when you get home.
If you haven't tried it out, YouTube still offers new subscribers a trial period that is able to be used by up to six members simultaneously. If curious, be sure to hit the link in the source below and see if it is available in your area.