AIMP is a powerful audio player that allows you to listen to your favorite music with an outstanding sound quality. Its appearance resembles that of another classical audio player (Winamp).
The program includes a 18-band equalizer, a visualization window to display rhythmic visual effects and a playlist editor to organize your audio files. A nice fading effect makes your list of songs look like an endless music loop and a handy volume normalizing feature avoids drastic volume changes between tracks. Also, the players main functions can be conveniently controlled by global hotkeys.
Besides playing music, AIMP features three extra utilities which also enable you to record any sound on your computer, convert audio files from one format to another and view or edit tags. AIMP is based on the well-known audio engine BASS, so its easy to connect new plug-ins (from the plug-in library included in the program) and expand the players functionality.
AIMP 5.02 Build 2365 changelog:
- General: an ability to search by app settings
- General: 3rd party libraries has been updated
- Audio Converter: cache for I/O operations
- Player: album arts cache system has been redesigned
- Player: the "track repeat" option now takes precedence over the "jump to next track" option
- Skin engine: compatibility with old skins has been improved
- Plugins: MyClouds - support for changes in API of DropBox service
- Plugins: scheduler - start playback action - added the "start from beginning" option
- Fixed: sound engine - ASIO - an attempt to initialize inaccessible device lead app to crash
- Fixed: plugins - scheduler - countdown timer shows incorrect data if more than a day is left
- Fixed: plugins - scheduler - the date and time of the event repetition calculates incorrectly in certain cases if the event was triggered at the moment the PC was woken up
- Fixed: tag editor - MP4 - an AV error occurs on attempt to save tags to a file that does not have the UDTA-atom
- Fixed: tag editor - MP4 - re-save the tags may lead to file corruption if the file contains chapters in utf-8 encoding
- Fixed: tag editor - the "duplicates not allowed" error occurs on attempt to reorder table groups
- Fixed: tag editor - WMA - re-save the tags lead duplicate the WM/GenreID tag field
Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware