fmedia is a fast asynchronous media player/recorder/converter for Windows, Linux and FreeBSD. It provides smooth playback and recording even if devices are very slow. It's highly customizable and can be easily extended with additional plugins. Its low CPU & memory consumption saves energy when running on a notebook's battery.
Play or convert audio files, record new audio tracks from microphone, save songs from Internet radio, and much more! fmedia is free and open-source project, and you can use it as a standalone application or as a library for your own software.
fmedia can decode: .mp3, .ogg (Vorbis, Opus), .opus, .m4a/.mp4 (AAC, ALAC, MPEG), .mka/.mkv (AAC, ALAC, MPEG, Vorbis), .avi (AAC, MPEG), .aac, .mpc, .flac, .ape, .wv, .wav.
fmedia can encode into: .mp3, .ogg, .opus, .m4a (AAC), .flac, .wav.
fmedia 1.27.4 changelog:
- support "--include/--exclude" when creating playlist from directory
- .avi(AAC, PCM), .mkv(MP3) read didn't work
- .ogg read: some packets could be skipped
- .ogg(Opus, Vorbis) write: correct output data and granule position for the first packets
- .ogg(FLAC): support seeking
- .caf(PCM) read: faster processing
- FLAC decode: fix crash after seek on bad .flac files
Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware