Notepad++ is a free (as in "free speech" and also as in "free beer") source code editor and Notepad replacement that supports several languages. Running in the MS Windows environment, its use is governed by GPL License.
Based on the powerful editing component Scintilla, Notepad++ is written in C++ and uses pure Win32 API and STL which ensures a higher execution speed and smaller program size. By optimizing as many routines as possible without losing user friendliness, Notepad++ is trying to reduce the world carbon dioxide emissions. When using less CPU power, the PC can throttle down and reduce power consumption, resulting in a greener environment.
Notepad++ 8.3.1 changelog:
- Fix XML tag adding or mark deletion crash issue. (Fix #11128)
- Fix wrong cursor position on opened file & cmdline ‘-n’ param not working regression. (Fix #11131)
- Revert “Enable backup on save (simple) feature by default”.
- Restore auto-completion insert selection default behaviour (now with both ENTER & TAB as expected). (Fix #11178)
- Fix Path Completion not working regression. (Fix #11147)
- Fix target directory parameter (/D=) ignored by x64 installer regression. (Fix #11072)
- Add icons on function items of auto-completion to distinguish from word items. (Implement #11087)
- Fix file dialog “Append extension” checkbox not working on empty folder. (Fix #10436)
- Fix link part of Dark Mode Customized tone not persistent issue. (Fix #11095)
- Fix NPPM_RELOADFILE not working with converted 8.3 DOS file name (from long file name) bug. (Fix #11106)
Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware