Notepad++ is a free (as in "free speech" and also as in "free beer") source code editor and Notepad replacement that supports several languages. Running in the MS Windows environment, its use is governed by GPL License.
Based on the powerful editing component Scintilla, Notepad++ is written in C++ and uses pure Win32 API and STL which ensures a higher execution speed and smaller program size. By optimizing as many routines as possible without losing user friendliness, Notepad++ is trying to reduce the world carbon dioxide emissions. When using less CPU power, the PC can throttle down and reduce power consumption, resulting in a greener environment.
Notepad++ 8.5.5 changelog:
- Update to Scintilla 5.3.6 and Lexilla 5.2.6 (Implement #13940, fix #4741, #13901, #13943, #13911)
- Add change history navigation commands: Go to next/prev change & Clear change history. (Fix #12248)
- Fix Change History incorrect display after “Reload from Disk” command. (Fix #12319, #12261, #13735)
- Remember through sessions the directory of “Remember last used directory”. (Fix #11326, #10901, #4961, #4119)
- Fix regression of double clicking on find result not going to the document. (Fix #13636)
- Fix regression of opening file rejection if file name contains dot at the end. (Fix #12849)
- Fix error message of opening file with ‘=’ as end of file name. (Fix #13344)
- Fix menu Tools contains 2 SHA-256 item while using localization. (Fix #13797)
- Fix SHA-1 hash result wrong length bug while “Treat each line as a separate string” enabled. (Fix #13812)
- Add SHA-512 hash features (Fix #13805)
- Fix normal.xml for Normal text auto-completion not working issue. (Fix #12325)
- Fix Korean IME append file extension issue in save dialog. (Fix #11582, #12225, #12366)
- Make find/replace in files result more accurate while used RegExpr is invalid. (Fix #13164)
- Fix Project panel’s inaccurate initialized path in save dialog. (Fix #13086)
- Fix wrong syntax highlighting of URLs with quotes in JSON. (Fix #13522)
- Fix Clipboard History panel shows corrupted data issue. (Fix #13817, #13844)
- Improve lines sorting memory consumption. (Fix #10435)
- Enhance “Add new document at startup”: add new document only when the session is remembered. (Fix #13796)
- Enhance “Convert case to Proper Case” command: fix the error conversion after quote.
Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware