O&O ShutUp10 a small portable utility that provides access to almost 50 privacy-related tweaks, most of them hidden or not easily accessible to the average computer users. Using a very simple interface, you decide how Windows 10 should respect your privacy by deciding which unwanted functions should be deactivated. Using ShutUp10 you can easily disable Windows Defender, turn off telemetry, disable peer-to-peer updates, turn off Wi-Fi Sense, disable automatic Windows updates, turn off and reset Cortana and more.
ShutUp10 allows you to create a System Restore point before you apply any changes, so that you can revert your system at any time if you run into problems.
O&O ShutUp10 is entirely free and does not have to be installed – it can be simply run directly and immediately on your PC. And it will not install or download retrospectively unwanted or unnecessary software, like so many other programs do these days!
Changes in version 1.4.1385:
New Category “Microsoft Edge”
- Disable websites saving protected media licenses on my device
- Disable SmartScreen Filter
- Disable Flip Ahead
- Disable Tracking in web
- Disable suggestions for searches and websites
- Do not optimize web search results on the task bar for vocal output
Downgrading the following settings to “critical” because some users had problems logging into Windows when the setting was enabled
- Don’t show last user on the lock screen
- Fade-out ID of the logged-in user on the lock screen
Available in German, English, French, Italian, and Russian
- Language will be automatically selected based on settings in Windows
- Minor bug fixes