Pale Moon is an Open Source, Goanna-based web browser available for Microsoft Windows and Linux (with other operating systems in development), focusing on efficiency and ease of use. Make sure to get the most out of your browser!
Pale Moon offers you a browsing experience in a browser completely built from its own, independently developed source that has been forked off from Firefox/Mozilla code, with carefully selected features and optimizations to improve the browser's speed, resource use, stability and user experience, while offering full customization and a growing collection of extensions and themes to make the browser truly your own.
- Optimized for modern processors
- Based on our own optimized layout engine (Goanna)
- Safe: forked from mature Mozilla code and regularly updated
- Supported by a friendly, active community of users
- Familiar, efficient, fully customizable interface
- Support for full themes: total freedom over any element's design
- Support for easily-created lightweight themes (skins)
- Smooth and speedy page drawing and script processing
- Increased stability: experience fewer browser crashes
- Support for many Firefox extensions
- Support for a growing number of Pale Moon exclusive extensions
- Extensive and growing support for HTML5 and CSS3
- Many customization and configuration options
- Able to import existing Firefox profiles with the migration tool
Changes in Pale Moon 26.0.2:
- Removed the sanity check for unsupported point-of-sale XP-based operating systems by user request.
- Please see the forum for information on which operating systems we can reasonably support.
- Changed the way "transparent" is handled in Goanna to improve transparent gradients using this keyword.
- Made sure that dom.disable_beforeunload is predefined in about:config.
- Fixed web compatibility issues with Youtube, Youtube Gaming, Yuku fora and Netflix.
- Reinstated the about:config warning by default.
- Fixed 2 potential browser crashes.
- Updated NSS to 18.104.22.168-PM to fix a potential UAF and CVE-2015-7575.
- Crash fix: Prevented queueing multiple media sources that could lead to unsafe memory access.
- Prevented unsafe memory manipulations in zip archives. (CVE-2016-1945) DiD
- Prevented a potential buffer overflow in WebGL. (x64 only) (CVE-2016-1935) DiD
- Updated the way binaries are code-signed. Not only does v26.0 use a new SHA256-signed digital certificate, but starting this version will also be signed with both SHA1 and SHA256 digest algorithms to satisfy later Windows' code-signing requirements.
Download: Pale Moon 26.0.2 | 20.4 MB (Freeware)
Download: Portable Pale Moon 26.0.2 | Portable 64-bit | Intel Atom, XP Portable Build
Download: Pale Moon 26.0.2 x64 | 23.5 MB
Download: Intel Atom & Windows XP optimized Pale Moon 26.0.2 | 19.0 MB
View: Pale Moon Homepage | Pale Moon Screenshot