WingetUI is an application whose main goal is to create an intuitive GUI for the most common CLI package managers for Windows 10 and Windows 11, such as Winget, Scoop and Chocolatey. With WingetUI, you'll be able to download, install, update and uninstall any software that's published on the supported package managers — and so much more.
- WingetUI has the ability to install, update and uninstall packages from Winget, Scoop and Chocolatey. WingetUI will also detect if your manually-installed apps can be updated!
- It can also upgrade and uninstall previously installed packages — as well as uninstall built-in Windows apps!
- WingetUI has the ability to both import and export the packages of your choice, so that you can easily install them in the future.
- WingetUI supports managing Scoop buckets with an interface.
- Install an older version of an app.
- WingetUI shows a notification when there are available updates
- Manage your updates and installed packages from its context menu
- The user will be notified whether the installation/update/uninstallation of an app was completed successfully or not.
- The ability to queue installations in order to prevent conflicts.
- A dark theme is available to prevent you from burning your eyes.
- WingetUI has the ability to show package-related information (like its license, SHA256 hash, homepage, etc.) before installation.
- There are more than 14000 packages available (if winget, scoop and chocolatey are enabled)!
WingetUI 2.0.2 changelog:
- The share component is now called through a native, pythonnet DLL import, rather than by calling an executable. - Improve cancel buton functionality
- Reliability improvements across the interface
- Logs can now be properly exported as files
- Fixed issues with the persistence of some settings
- Fixed a hang when scoop was not installed
- There is now an experimental feature that enables arm64 winget executables to be used on arm64 devices.
- An arrow has been added to guide users to the search box on the discovery packages tab. This arrow will show only once
- In-window notifications have been added to provide feedback on some buttons that were not providing any kind of feedback upon pressed, which caused confusion.
- NOTE: This release does NOT include the icon tags from #1212
- Improvements by @panther7 in #1134
- Some tidy up for python 3 by @marksmayo in #1137
- New issues by @marticliment in #1169
- improve issue text by @ppvnf in #1171
- Update enhancement-improvement.yml by @marticliment in #1172
- Add add in-window notifications by @marticliment in #1193
- Fix Phillipines flag and translator by @ppvnf in #1199
- Update translations from Tolgee by @github-actions in #1208
- migrate ShareComponent to dynamic link library through pythonnet, cls … by @marticliment in #1210
- Add tags to installed, pinned and upgradable packages by @marticliment in #1212
- Update readme.md by @marticliment in #1213
Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware