WinRAR is an archiving utility that completely supports RAR and ZIP archives and is able to unpack CAB, ARJ, LZH, TAR, GZ, ACE, UUE, BZ2, JAR, ISO, 7Z, Z archives. It consistently makes smaller archives than the competition, saving disk space and transmission costs. WinRAR offers you the benefit of industry strength archive encryption using AES (Advanced Encryption Standard) with a key of 128 bits. It supports files and archives up to 8,589 billion gigabytes in size. It also offers the ability to create self extracting and multi volume archives. With recovery record and recovery volumes, you can reconstruct even physically damaged archives.
Changes in WinRAR 5.30:
- Information about the critical vulnerability in WinRAR self-extracting archives published in news in September and October 2015 is incorrect. Unfortunately mass media failed to recognize that what was described as WinRAR vulnerability is Windows OLE vulnerability patched in November 2014:
- Even if unpatched, this Windows OLE vulnerability does not introduce new risk factors for WinRAR SFX archives.
- Please read https://rarlab.com/vuln_sfx_html2.htm for more details.
- No patches for WinRAR are needed.
- Added extraction of multipart ZIP archives created by 7-Zip. Such archives have .zip.001, .zip.002, ... file extensions. You need to open .zip.001 file in WinRAR shell to browse or unpack such archive. All parts must be stored in the same folder before starting extraction.
- Added extraction of files split to multiple parts with .001, .002, ..., extensions. You can open .001 file as a usual archive and then unpack its contents. WinRAR will combine all parts and save them to extracted file. All parts must be stored in the same folder before starting extraction.
- "001" item is included to "Associate WinRAR with" list in "Settings/Integration" dialog. [full version history]
Download: WinRAR 32-bit | 1.7 MB (Shareware)
Download: WinRAR 64-bit | 1.9 MB
Link: WinRAR Website | WinRAR Themes
27 Comments - Add comment