Join Neowin Folding@Home Group

• 2 weeks later...
With 14 computers folding I'm not surprised! :p

It's not 14 computers really. It's only a few, but quad or dual cores. The smp client is too unreliable to run on computers I don't check all the time. So I run 2 or 3 of the regular client on 1 pc.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Joined, don't know how often I'll be on it though but every little bit helps right? :p

As long as you don't go over deadlines, then yes. It helps.

As long as you don't go over deadlines, then yes. It helps.
What do you mean, deadlines? You mean the work unit "timing out" and being reassigned to someone else? If so then I don't think that will be a problem - I'm on there at least a little bit every day, and it's been resuming where it left off just fine thus far :)

Why is this in the Sony forum? As F@H runs on Mac/PC/Linux as well as the PS3, wouldn't it attract more members elsewhere?

I was thinking the same thing. Should be moved somewhere else.

I'm thinking about doing this on a spare computer, if it's worth the extra cost of leaving it running all day.

Personally I don't think that folding alone is a good enough reason to leave your computer on all day, especially when you are the one paying the bill.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It doesn't show up through the network thing like it's supposed to... how do I set this up?

*EDIT*

I figured it out. How do I get it to display those cool visuals of the molecules full screen instead of the earth?

Edited by Master Shake