Join Neowin Folding@Home Group

• 1 month later...

Just set my PS3 up to fold again so should start adding, will also let my new PC join in the fun too.

I'm just saying, the project has been going for years and they've not exactly announced anything or had any big news. I used to be a huge contributor with 6 PCs, 2 Servers and my PS3 all folding, but I just don't see it as worth the Power Requirements with no big news.

• 4 weeks later...

Ive started letting my PC do some folding.

Does it automatically use a nVidia GPU for folding, or do I have to tell it to do it?

• 1 month later...

The team now has 20 million points.

The v7 client is a big improvement over previous clients.

It's sad. Our team only has a few folders. :(

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Can we get a link on the front page? Something that says "Join the Neowin folding@home group." Maybe a little picture with the FAH icon.

Can we get our own forum section instead of being hopelessly buried under Gamers Hangout / Sony Console. Maybe under "Help and Discussion Center".

The improved visibility might boost the number of people folding here.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've been doing this for a long time. I'm on 2CPU (since I've had 2 CPU workstations at home for a good 10 years, long before dual core systems). I've just switched my team to Neowin though. :)

Thanks for moving this. We have several new folders on the team already.

This is the stats page I look at to monitor the team progress. link

Our team has over 23 million points and is ranked 399.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Only 10 active folders in a group this huge?? That's rather pathetic.

I'm currently folding on two home PCs. 1 is an aging workhorse P4 3.2GHz with an 8600 GT running Server 08 R2. The other is my main desktop: A Core i7 860, 12GB, GTX550 Ti.

The GTX550 has been working fine, but I have one issue with it. It makes a high pitched whine while folding. I imagine it's what a dog whistle would sound like if I could hear it. It's really loud. As soon as I stop folding it goes away. I don't notice it while gaming. Only folding. :|

• 2 months later...

Update: The 550ti is folding quietly after the release of the 80xx series of work units. It runs 10 degrees hotter, but at least it doesn't whine anymore.

Our team has almost 30 million points. Still only 13 or 14 folders most of the time. New people join occasionally, but they don't stay long.

Joined in. I had an account for about 5 years now but I stoped folding for the last two years.

It's good to be back.

Also, joined @ neowin team. I hope my computers can actually do something besides ****ing me off lol.

I've rejoined after finally reinstalling Folding@home due to driver problems I was having with Windows 8. My Windows 8 installation is now stable, so I am glad to help out. :)