The Big Wrestling Thread!

Another Provider Drops Extreme Rules

AT&T U-Verse will not be carrying this Sunday night's Extreme Rules PPV. As announced on Raw last night, DISH Network and DirecTV will not be carrying the PPV either.

-------------------

I think the traditional pay-per-view model has been dying for a while now. Both UFC and WWE buys are dropping every month, I'm not sure about TNA. The only places I know of that order the boxing events are bars.

How many people can afford $60 each month for a single showing of a PPV on top of their already overpriced cable or satellite bill?

Another Provider Drops Extreme Rules

AT&T U-Verse will not be carrying this Sunday night's Extreme Rules PPV. As announced on Raw last night, DISH Network and DirecTV will not be carrying the PPV either.

-------------------

I think the traditional pay-per-view model has been dying for a while now. Both UFC and WWE buys are dropping every month, I'm not sure about TNA. The only places I know of that order the boxing events are bars.

How many people can afford $60 each month for a single showing of a PPV on top of their already overpriced cable or satellite bill?

PPV is dying but due to a network (something that the WWE has successfully implemented and the UFC is struggling to) providing a much steadier and growable cashflow. UFC numbers have been up and down in the last year but UFC 167-168 combined did 1.6 million buys. UFC 172, last weekend, should hit around 400K buys. UFC numbers tower over WWE PPV numbers (their only seller is Wrestlemania, most PPVs do under 200K rarely breaking 300K).

tumblr_n4sgwhvjVb1txdbjvo1_500.png

Wait... something's... Different... but can't quite put my finger on it...  :shiftyninja:

Bmda9cHCIAAb1iJ.jpg

KENTA???????????

KENTA???????????????
4?30????????????????????????????

??????????????
?? ?

???5???????????
5?3?(?)????????
5?17?(?)????????
?2???????????

?????????????????????????????????????????????????????

http://www.noah.co.jp/news_detail.php?news_id=6077

Pro Wrestling NOAH announced KENTA is leaving the promotion on May 17th. There is rumor he is bound for WWE?

Update

It look like KENTA say good bye to NOAH

BmdlyTBCQAAJ9_I.jpg:large

Tokyo Sports reported May 3rd & 17th will be KENTA's last NOAH appearances.

Pro Wrestling NOAH announced KENTA is leaving the promotion on May 17th. There is rumor he is bound for WWE?

Pretty big signing for whoever gets him. He did have a tryout at the WWE Performance Centre this year but he said he wasn't offered or looking for a contract; simply fulfilling a dream. http://www.pwinsider.com/ViewArticle.php?id=83258