Apple Event - 19th Oct

Does anyone know what time the apple event is on the 19th (tomorrow)?

I don't want to sit around all day to see what the new updates are going to be, but I would like to hear about them as soon as they are known!

It's noon eastern time, so 5PM GMT. They're showing "Pro innovations", general consensus is perhaps a photo orientated app (duh, it's a photography event) which has been rumoured for a few months now and updated pro machines (Powermacs and Powerbooks).

The last one was about 6pm UK time then. Good, I should be in the house about then :)

beauvoir - it's rumoured that there will be PowerMac and PowerBook updates possibly. Let's just hope their is!

AppleInsider has some interesting comments on it:

In a digital invitation sent to the media late last week, Apple said: "Please join us for a special press conference on the eve of PhotoPlus Expo 2005 as we unveil Apple's latest pro innovations."

The invitation is jet black and sports a large camera lens as a teaser. Earlier reports had hinted that a significant photography-related announcement would accompany the introduction of new PowerBooks and dual-core Power Macs at the event.

Pro innovations, to me, would almost have to mean PowerBook and PowerMac updates, and perhaps the camera thing means that we might see PowerBooks with a built-in iSight (similar to the new iMacs)?

Road Warrior... i agree with you.. we can expect PowerMacs and PowerBooks tomorrow.. also we gonna se coming out a Pro app Photoshop alike but with the Mac(ish) style.

Dan

It will only be for the 15" & 17", well the big changes, and possibly a little update for the 12", but me thinks it will be a small update compared to the 15"/17" or they will stop that and bring out a 13.3" or something like that. For some reason i think i will be right about the dropping of the 12" :p

- how much would it suck if i was wrong :laugh:

586691128[/snapback]

Lots. I want a powerbook. And I want one now (or tomorrow, if they do a nice upgrade ;))

Another reason why i think this is because it cant achieve HD display like the 15/17 (or can it :s )

I can confirm that powerbooks are being updated

hmm.. powerbook needs a powerfull proccesor (<- did i wrote it right??)

:p

powermacs are too powerful.. who needs more than a dual 2.7 and a gig ram or 2.

bluh.. the world needs-

emacs back, with a 1.8 (or more) G5.

mac mini with this apple remote, for TV ^^

powerbook G5.

ibooks with 1.42 and 1.5.

plz! apple..

For some reason i think i will be right about the dropping of the 12" :p

586691168[/snapback]

*cries* thats the one I was going to get. It's the perfect size for me to take to and from uni and it isnt too heavy in my bad either!

I want: 12" PowerBook, processor and ram speed increase. Faster processor and bigger hd's. Since they can't get a 12" HD screen - lower the price!

Come on Apple!