• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  

Apple Event - 19th Oct

Southern Patriot    962
oh ok  :blush:

EDIT: says its not available yet... Wouldn't apple get there's to market first? They have a habit of making things available in 1 week from announcement?

586694521[/snapback]

Well, it does say availability would be mid-October, which is this week. There may be others out too, but that was the first one I found in a quick Google search.

saxondale.    15
Nope, here's one with a dual-core AMD64.

586694505[/snapback]

You realise that a dual core amd and dual core powerpc is totally different and how much the powerbook would suffer from heat issues if it went to dual core...but on the otherhand they have had since January to get this in development so it could happen...

Vice    1,593
You realise that a dual core amd and dual core powerpc is totally different and how much the powerbook would suffer from heat issues if it went to dual core...but on the otherhand they have had since January to get this in development so it could happen...

586694592[/snapback]

Trust me he knows.

We were on about which would be the first company to release a notebook with any type of Dual Core CPU.

.Neo    1,834
They'll probably talk about Leopard at WWDC 2006. I for one would like to see more animation - Core Image has the potential to kick Vista's ass in terms of eye candy.

586694090[/snapback]

Yeah, the animations Vista uses are pretty basic compared to the arsenal of effects Mac OS X has already. The only thing I really miss is that every window animates when opening it.

By the time Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard is being released Mac OS X will be 5+ years old, great time to introduce a truly updated interface. :)

sundayx    127

:excited: stores updating. i doubt theyre dropping the 12 cause its so friggin popular.

Southern Patriot    962

Well, things should get rolling in about 5 minutes or so!! :D

Southern Patriot    962
what has the event already happened? i thought it started at 6 gmt lol

586694661[/snapback]

No, it starts at Noon Eastern time, which is in about 1 minute.

mad_onion    13

what has the event already happened? i thought it started at 6 gmt lol

Miran    0
The Powerbooks already get rediculously hot.  IIRC, the dual core processors don't produce that much more heat than what they use today.

586694687[/snapback]

Really? The iBooks, which are of a comparable speed, only get slightly warm. I have only ever seen mine get hot when compiling.

sundayx    127

will this be the last update for powermac and powerbook (if rumored true) before mactel?

Southern Patriot    962
will this be the last update for powermac and powerbook (if rumored true) before mactel?

586694704[/snapback]

That would seem likely, other than maybe some speed bumps around the beginning of the year.

Chad    0

586694592[/snapback]

The Powerbooks already get rediculously hot. IIRC, the dual core processors don't produce that much more heat than what they use today.

vandango    0

586694704[/snapback]

Apparently, yes.

thetechroom    0

David Moody, Apple VP of Worldwide Product Marketing is onstage now. "Today's event is all about bringing innovations to creative pros. We have several announcements spanning hardware and software," he said.

Seems certain.

The_Decryptor    1,105
Really?  The iBooks, which are of a comparable speed, only get slightly warm.  I have only ever seen mine get hot when compiling.

586694699[/snapback]

we saw a PowerBook in store a few days back, just playing a video, the base was really hot to the touch. :no:

also, poped into a Apple "place" today (to get a nano for my mum), no portable's to be seen. :shifty:

thetechroom    0

here we have it guys

12:13 AM EDT: New PowerBooks. There are two new systems, the 15" and the 17." The 15" now has a 1440 900 display, which is what the 17" had before. The 17" now has a 1680 x 1050 resolution, which is the same as Apple's 20" display.

thetechroom    0

radish, you better get editing ;)

RadishTM    318

They announced the Quad G5, but it's not shipping yet :/

Radish?

Chad    0
Really?  The iBooks, which are of a comparable speed, only get slightly warm.  I have only ever seen mine get hot when compiling.

586694699[/snapback]

Yeah. Aluminum is a nice finish, but it heats up a lot easier than plastic.

craybox    9

is there a live stream ?

.Neo    1,834
They announced the Quad G5, but it's not shipping ye:/:/

Radish?

586694765[/snapback]

Nope not until November.

thetechroom    0

12:17 AM EDT: New Power Mac. The L2 cache is now 1 MB, added dual-core, with dual AltiVec. It will be called the Power Mac G5 Quad.

Apex.    0

12:23: AM EDT: New post-production tool for photographers, called Aperture.

Apeture? Weird name.