Apple Event - 19th Oct

3. Never going to happen

586694090[/snapback]

I wouldn't be so quick to say that. Go back and watch the WWDC 2005 video. When Steve is talking about how Apple has not been able to deliver a 3Ghz PowerMac G5 or a PowerBook G5, in both instances he says the word "yet". Then later he says that Apple still has some amazing PowerPC based products to introduce before the Intel Macs come out.

I work for Apple.

So I am really getting a kick out of most of these replies.

Some of you guys are very good at making it sound like you know what you are talking about.

But trust me.... You don't.

I think you just want to make yourself sound smart, when in reality you dont know what you are talking about.

This is how bad info gets passed around.

If you dont know about the topic....Dont make yourself sound like you do.

Cuz some people belive anything they hear.

586694117[/snapback]

I really doubt a 21 year old (in Chicago, no less) is high enough up in the Apple food chain to know what they will be introducing. In what capacity do you work for Apple? At an Apple store?

I work for Apple.

Some of you guys are very good at making it sound like you know what you are talking about.

I think you just want to make yourself sound smart, when in reality you dont know what you are talking about.

586694117[/snapback]

I guess you lied on the question "do you know what a paragraph is?" on the apple resume.

I work for Apple.

586694117[/snapback]

So how'd you get to work for apple?, I'd kill for a job in the USA.

:cry:

I really doubt a 21 year old (in Chicago, no less) is high enough up in the Apple food chain to know what they will be introducing. In what capacity do you work for Apple? At an Apple store?

Indeed - was gonna say the same thing. And I don't think anyone who worked for Apple, who was actually in the know, would come on here with attitude like that.

Just to confirm what i said, i directly talked to an Apple rep today (ok not the greatest person) and they believed that the powerbooks were being updated. Like i said earlier about the 12" being dropped (my own guess), i explained that to the Apple rep and he had a smile on his face, and was like, erm, just come back tomorrow and see, so i could be right about that.

Just to confirm what i said, i directly talked to an Apple rep today (ok not the greatest person) and they believed that the powerbooks were being updated.? Like i said earlier about the 12" being dropped (my own guess), i explained that to the Apple rep and he had a smile on his face, and was like, erm, just come back tomorrow and see, so i could be right about that.

586694258[/snapback]

he is probably smiiling because it got updated not dropped, there is no reason to drop it.

THis sucks for those of us who had to buy laptops for the schoolyear and couldn't wait for this update:((

However, there is no denying that the update cycles of Apple put other computer manufacturers to shame, they are the only one's that have realized if you pace yourself you can deliver a far superior product in each update than the previous generation and in turn create demand. Its nice knowing that by the time i sell my powerbook the product line will only see around 4 or so major updates.

he is probably smiiling because it got updated not dropped, there is no reason to drop it.

THis sucks for those of us who had to buy laptops for the schoolyear and couldn't wait for this update :(

586694307[/snapback]

I've held out :D, if they don't update the powerbooks now though, i can't keep holding out until the mactel's...

:D That whole post I made is a cliche from FARK.com. All you have to do is change who it is you work for and then paste it into the thread. :rofl:

Well I found it funny.

And no, I definitely do not work for Apple.

That could be very true, but i think its a good guess, since the 15" and 17" have a 3 day delivery date, where as the 12" is 24hr, but my other guess was that they will only get a small update compared to the rest. Anyone want to give me ?5 if im right:pp

:D That whole post I made is a cliche from FARK.com. All you have to do is change who it is you work for and then paste it into the thread.  :rofl:

Well I found it funny.

586694321[/snapback]

:devil: ha, you got me

THis sucks for those of us who had to buy laptops for the schoolyear and couldn't wait for this update :(

However, there is no denying that the update cycles of Apple put other computer manufacturers to shame, they are the only one's that have realized if you pace yourself you can deliver a far superior product in each update than the previous generation and in turn create demand.  Its nice knowing that by the time i sell my powerbook the product line will only see around 4 or so major updates.

586694307[/snapback]

Well the 12" cant support HD display which is the way the powerbooks are going

Well the 12" cant support HD display which is the way the powerbooks are going

586694319[/snapback]

They could do 3 models.

12inch - Non HD

15inch - HD display*

17inch - HD Display

*The 2 current 15inch lines will merge into one since the only thing breaking the 2 are the superdrive and cpu speeds. This is just my guess anyway.

But why are the 12" shipping in 24hrs? maybe because its a small update for them or they will drop it for what i think will be a 13.3"

The 12 inch is the most popular model from what I have seen.  Light, good battery life, easy to transport.  Why would they drop it?

586694416[/snapback]

Maybe to make way for a new model at the same price....

I could be totally wrong, no rumours have suggested this, this is only what i think.

Also im 100% positive we will see a new line of PowerMacs.

:D That whole post I made is a cliche from FARK.com. All you have to do is change who it is you work for and then paste it into the thread.  :rofl:

Well I found it funny.

586694321[/snapback]

Well, for those of us who never read that site, it sounded like you were trying to be a prick.

But why are the 12" shipping in 24hrs? maybe because its a small update for them or they will drop it for what i think will be a 13.3"

586694404[/snapback]

Hmm, actually, the long shipping times would seem to indicate (to me at least) a modest upgrade (they would just hold off shipping them until they were announced) and a short shipping time would seem to indicate a completely new model (since they would want to sell off as much old stock as possible before the announcement).

So, in my view, it could be modest upgrades for the 15" and 17" (dual core or 2Ghz G4's maybe? possibly a built-in iSight?) and a completely new version of the 12" (widescreen?).

So im making sense? :p well no rumour websites have suggested this, so i guess we will wait and see. So these are my predictions.

Updates:

15" & 17" Powerbooks

All PowerMac Line

New Model 12" Powerbook - Going To 13"

New Photo Software

586694449[/snapback]

The 12" model wouldn't even have to go to 13". There are several 12" widescreen laptops on the market, so the screens are available.

Here's a Tatung 12" widescreen model that Wal-Mart carries.

If they came out with dual core G4's for the Powerbooks that would make apple the first to sell a notebook with a dual core processor no?

I know that's something that Steve would love to gloat at and would be plastered all over the G4 Powerbook pages.

So im making sense? :p well no rumour websites have suggested this, so i guess we will wait and see. So these are my predictions.

Updates:

15" & 17" Powerbooks

All PowerMac Line

New Model 12" Powerbook - Going To 13"

New Photo Software

If they came out with dual core G4's for the Powerbooks that would make apple the first to sell a notebook with a dual core processor no?

I know that's something that Steve would love to gloat at and would be plastered all over the G4 Powerbook pages.

586694490[/snapback]

Nope, here's one with a dual-core AMD64.

I agree with roadwarrior, after the imac i think they will introduce the iSight on the powerbook range, apart from that i think it's just gonna be a round of speed upgrades for the range.

If they do go to HD, they will probably leave the 12" alone, i don't think they will drop it, as said above it's a good seller.