• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  

Apple Event - 19th Oct

NeoXY    7
pro tools 7 maybe.... but iv herd no news on that

586691299[/snapback]

well the pro tools have never generated big waves in the industry (but if really should because it is excellent)

so I'm hoping for it :)

NeoXY    7

^...yep. So I'm really hoping for an update here...

Julius Caro    55

Maybe they will announce iTunes 7? :p

theyarecomingforyou    10,428
Maybe they will announce iTunes 7? :p

586691362[/snapback]

You've forgot that it's already been lunchtime... they're probably onto 8 or something now.

the evn show    138
hmm.. powerbook  needs a powerfull proccesor (<- did i wrote it right??)

:p

powermacs are too powerful.. who needs more than a dual 2.7 and a gig ram or 2.

bluh.. the world needs-

Work just got me a dual 2.7 with 2.5 GB of RAM - we were waiting for a new powermac annoucement at Macworld without any luck.

InDesign and illustrator can make this just crawl when you open up complex documents.

Acrobat is painfully slow - but I chalk that up to crappy programming more than anything else.

a 4-way 2.5 would be nice. At least then when Acrobat, InDesign, and Photoshop are all choking to death I'll still be calmed by the soothing sounds of Mandalay rather than enraged by the terrible silence of iTunes skipping. Knowing that the hardware budget (for me) is all spent up for at least another year means I'm stuck with this /slow/ machine on my desk. I suppose my iMac at home is getting a little old though?

NeoXY    7

^...LMFAO! (Y) :laugh: nice news dude..:laugh:

lieb39    0

Well... haha. I emailed my local Apple store and got this reply:

At the moment we do not have any PowerBooks in stock. They have become increasingly hard to get over the last few weeks.

Apple are holing a press conference at 3am our time tomorrow morning at which they are expected to announce a new PowerBook range. Note that this is only rumour and we will not know until the press conference exactly what products they have announced as we are not informed in advance.

I will contact you tomorrow via email and let you know the status.

Cheers,

lieb39

pacifica    0
In the morning?, last event was at 10 AM in the US.

Radish?

586690670[/snapback]

which part of the US? there are four different time zones. most likely pacific time if it's silicon valley.

mastamase    0

if the powerbooks do get updated they will have DDR2 ram too like the new imacs. :D

Starcom826    25

If only Apple would do what Microsoft does...at every major product launch, have free, open admissions at locations across the country that get to watch the event live on a huge screen, then afterwards give a ton of free stuff like pens, shirts, notebooks (pen and paper), and most importantly the raffles and free software.

MonkeyClaw    9

that would be awesome, i know they post the stream after the event but i would love to have apple stuff, a nice shirt or something, lol

im pretty sure they give that stuff out at the actual event to those watching the keynote, or was that only for a specific keynote a while back?

GoogleNinja    0
I can confirm that powerbooks are being updated

586691243[/snapback]

You can? You mean you work for Apple now? This wouldn't be just a phone call or rumor, now would it?

I'm not saying it's unlikely, as I too believe they will update the PowerBooks and PowerMacs, but you can't confirm it.

Southern Patriot    962
If only Apple would do what Microsoft does...at every major product launch, have free, open admissions at locations across the country that get to watch the event live on a huge screen, then afterwards give a ton of free stuff like pens, shirts, notebooks (pen and paper), and most importantly the raffles and free software.

586692888[/snapback]

Apple actually used to do something like that at their Apple stores, and they used to have live streams of keynote speaches. Think about it though, Microsoft has what? Maybe one major launch every year or two? Lately Apple has been having several a year. Things like that get expensive.

sundayx    127

around 12 hours left. take a deep nap and tada its updated!

saxondale.    15
You can?  You mean you work for Apple now?  This wouldn't be just a phone call or rumor, now would it?

I'm not saying it's unlikely, as I too believe they will update the PowerBooks and PowerMacs, but you can't confirm it.

586692995[/snapback]

actually my mate rang up asking where his powerbook is, as he ordered it about 3 weeks ago, and they said Apple are updating the powerbook line on thursday, which is today. Thank you, good bye.

Chicane-UK    675

lol - well judging by the quoted email as well (with powerbooks being, mysteriously, in short supply) i'd say some updates are on the way.

Hopefully the Steve Jobs webcast is encoded and uploaded for me to watch later this evening - always fun to watch him on stage - the last one with Photobooth and calling people on iChat was pretty hilarious :)

..Vector..    0
actually my mate rang up asking where his powerbook is, as he ordered it about 3 weeks ago, and they said Apple are updating the powerbook line on thursday, which is today. Thank you, good bye.

586693348[/snapback]

Today is Wednesday :rofl:

Detroit    0

It's at 12pm est time... It's being held at a booth and supposedly Apple has booked the largest booth. Since this is a photo media event,

Highly rumored new PM,PB and supposedly a new PRO iPhoto that could compete with photoshop or could bring new functionality into iPhoto

5:30 hrs left

Chicane-UK    675

So its happening at.. er... 5pm UK time?

.Neo    1,834

I hope they'll announce some Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard features, I would like to know how they're going to crush Windows Vista. :laugh:

Nah, probably won't happen until 2006. I really hope Leopard will spot an entire new interface (new Aqua style, animations, icons etc.). Apple did hire a new icon guy so who knows. ;)

Detroit    0

Like i said, 5:30 hrs from now, do the math :p

toastyghost    0
Apple did hire a new icon guy so who knows. ;)

586693829[/snapback]

Not just any old 'icon guy', but Mike Matas, who made the beautiful Delicious Library.

It'd be nice to see a new Aqua interface but I don't think it'll happen just yet.

New PowerBooks please Apple, I need an excuse to splash out.

Matt T    0
I hope they'll announce some Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard features, I would like to know how they're going to crush Windows Vista. :laugh:

Nah, probably won't happen until 2006. I really hope Leopard will spot an entire new interface (new Aqua style, animations, icons etc.). Apple did hire a new icon guy so who knows. ;)

586693829[/snapback]

They'll probably talk about Leopard at WWDC 2006. I for one would like to see more animation - Core Image has the potential to kick Vista's ass in terms of eye candy.

emacs back, with a 1.8 (or more) G5.

mac mini with this apple remote, for TV ^^

powerbook G5.

ibooks with 1.42 and 1.5.

1. I highly doubt we will ever see an eMac with a G5

2. Yeah that would be nice

3. Never going to happen

4. They were recently updated - the next update will probably be the Intel iBook's.

Sartoris    20

I work for Apple.

So I am really getting a kick out of most of these replies.

Some of you guys are very good at making it sound like you know what you are talking about.

But trust me.... You don't.

I think you just want to make yourself sound smart, when in reality you dont know what you are talking about.

This is how bad info gets passed around.

If you dont know about the topic....Dont make yourself sound like you do.

Cuz some people belive anything they hear.

Fozzieb    0

that told em