Apple Event - 19th Oct

12:23: AM EDT: New post-production tool for photographers, called Aperture.

Apeture? Weird name.

586694773[/snapback]

How is that weird? It's a common term in photography.

is there a live stream ?

586694745[/snapback]

Not that I can see. I was hoping for a live stream of the conference though. I really enjoyed the last special event.

No way can that be the updates for the powerbooks, no DDR2?

586694792[/snapback]

Considering the bus speed of the PowerBooks, DDR2 would make almost no difference in performance at all.

12:23: AM EDT: New post-production tool for photographers, called Aperture.

Apeture? Weird name.

586694773[/snapback]

Aperture is part of a camera - makes sense.

apple is so dumb when it comes down to bussiness

why are they still selling a 15" powerbook with minimal specs for 2000?

no wonder they never tapped in more then 3% market share

i cant get  a topf of the line bad ass laptop with 1000x better then a powerbook for less the 2000...come on apple i thought you will drop the price on the powerbooks

since they will be **** compared to the intels in a year from now

i dont see why i would spend 2000 dollars on an architecture that will no longer be.

jobs and apple dissapoint me sometimes thats probably the reason why i never bothered with apple i thought they where going to make it affordable

all i know so far is that they increased the resolution wow

back to searching for a windows laptop

586694801[/snapback]

now thats the best thing you said, now go away

i cant get  a topf of the line bad ass laptop with 1000x better then a powerbook for less the 2000...come on apple i thought you will drop the price on the powerbooks

i dont see why i would spend 2000 dollars on an architecture that will no longer be.

jobs and apple dissapoint me sometimes thats probably the reason why i never bothered with apple i thought they where going to make it affordable

586694801[/snapback]

Actually their market share has shown to be above 6%.

I doubt you can buy a laptop "1000x better than a powerbook for less the 2000" like you claim. 1000x is pretty stinkin fast.

I won't even touch the rest of your post. Facts to refute your arguement are littered throughout the net.

Now...back to the show.

i cant get a topf of the line bad ass laptop with 1000x better then a powerbook for less the 2000...come on apple i thought you will drop the price on the powerbooks

12:34 AM EDT: Built specifically for photographers, Aperture features end-to-end RAW workflow, and makes RAW as easy to work with as JPEG.

A feature called Stacks lets photographers group sequences of shots together based on the time between shutter clicks. The software features a full-screen workspace and a completely editable environment that can span multi-image displays.

12:36 AM EDT: The multi-image viewer lets you check images side-by-side, up to 10 or 12 on a side, at magnifications up to 800%. Aperture also sports essential tools like red-eye reduction, cropping, straightening, and more. It features non-destructive workflow and versioning tools.

I don't think this is software to be compared with Adobe Photoshop, but sounds great.

586694801[/snapback]

You want inexpensive? Buy an iBook. You want top of the line? Buy a PowerBook. Simple. You'd be hard pressed to find any other brand of laptop that matches the PowerBook feature-for-feature for under $2000. I've done comparisons before and most of the time, by the time you add everything to the other laptop to bring it up to the specs of the PowerBook, you end up paying more for the other brand than you would for the PowerBook.

obviously, but there were strong rumours that they were both going to be updated.  I guess i was right about the 12" powerbook, just a minor update compared to the others. I was wrong about my "dropping" thing.

586694808[/snapback]

Thank you, good bye.

obviously, but there were strong rumours that they were both going to be updated. I guess i was right about the 12" powerbook, just a minor update compared to the others. I was wrong about my "dropping" thing.

im sorry sir if i hurt your feelings by stating a fact.

You stated an unsupported opinion, not a fact. An opinion, I might add, which has been proven over and over again to be NOT factual at all.

6% lol wow their going places hahahaha

586694822[/snapback]

It's still enough to put them in the #3 spot among computer manufacturers in the US, and either #4 or #5 in the world.

now thats the best thing you said, now go away

586694811[/snapback]

ohh i came accross another work for free mac security guard

im sorry sir if i hurt your feelings by stating a fact.

will you please stop shining that spotlight i mean flashlight on my face

i will go away now...hope you like how apple pays you back by over charging you good bye sir

6% lol wow their going places hahahaha

got damn you mac guards