Staff Re-shuffle

Just to let everyone know, as you may have noticed I am now in the administrator group. This is one of a few changes made today to clear up my role with the site and to re-position some staff internally.

Contrary to some reports we haven't lost "half the staff" but a few have resigned from both forum operations and news operations in the management team.

Most of the staff resigned due to irreconcilable differences with the administration of the site. There is no conspiracy, all of the staff involved were long standing staff who felt their issues weren't addressed because of miscommunication and decisions. Most were part of a group that participated in Neowindex US and had formed close friendships due to this. The fact that 1 or 2 left then cascaded into others leaving. Some may feel they made the wrong decision or talks will be held and issues resolved but it's too early to know either way. It's a shame and they will be missed but we wish them all the best in their future endeavours.

Good luck to those that have left today, no need to panic if you see a few more vets around though :)

Full list of leavers:

Frank

Marshalus

Shane Pitman

AgEnTsMiTh

Eric

DirtyLarry

Triliaeris

Just to let everyone know, as you may have noticed I am now in the administrator group. This is one of a few changes made today to clear up my role with the site and to re-position some staff internally.

Contrary to some reports we haven't lost "half the staff" but a few have resigned from both forum operations and news operations in the management team.

Good luck to those that have left today, no need to panic if you see a few more vets around though :)

Congrats to you, but it's sad to see hardworking people leave.

Oh well. Neowin will press on.

Good luck to those that have left today, no need to panic if you see a few more vets around though

I know most of the time people behave like real animals here, but no need to call a vet though...?

/end bad joke ;)

Nobody's panicking, but the swiftness of the changes felt odd - hence the thread I opened in S&FI - which curiously enough vanished for a moment.

Congratulations on your promotion, and best of luck to those who resigned.

I'm ashamed to know who Boxxy is. Oh, what I would do to go back in time to stop myself from stumbling upon her videos on YouTube. Ugh!

Anyway, that's one hell of a staff re-shuffle. It's a bit weird to see such a drastic change. I figured Administrators would stay as Administrators.

Should I feel lucky not to know who on Earth Boxxy is? :p

Yes!

/me shudders