• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  

Staff Re-shuffle

Subject Delta    108

Looks like Shockz has been reinstated, this is getting rather strange :blink:

macf13nd    3

Shockz is back as gmod now....

Weird!

Edit: ^ FF beat me to it....

Vice    1,593
My only interest at this point is doing some damage control and preventing this situation from getting any worse than it is.

Damage control from what, what happened?

This is just a Website not a Multi-million dollar enterprise you can be frank with the users ya know. Unless it's something so terrible that you think hordes of users will leave over it. Saying nothing is doing more damage then saying something at this point.

Just saying..

Garry    130

As much as the staff member's efforts are (generally) appreciated, does any of this really matter? The site will go on, you can still argue all day long in your Windows vs MacOS threads and the XBox vs PS3 threads. While the design and features of this site have changed over the years, the nature of the forum discussion hasn't and I'm sure (if necessary) the outgoing staff members will be replaced by people who'll put just as much effort in. Why this happened really doesn't matter.

DrCheese    103

Whatever happened, if it's upset so many staff then it's bound to have some sort of affect on the membership base of this website. Whist yes, it's a privately run website it's insanely annoying looking in from the outside to never be told anything other than "This is how it is now, deal with it"

kimsland    2
What the f?

Yes, what the f indeed ;)

I feel that all senior and "admin" members should always show a respectful manner in their posts

By the way is Tom W the iphone man, because, this seems to be a spam area on many forums usually

Subject Delta    108

It matters because there are occasions on which transparency is extremely important. When a number of high profile staff members are removed from their posts with little warning and no explanation it is going to stir people up. Just imagine if 4 or 5 cabinet members resigned in one go. Sure, not much about the government would change, but the whole country would be clamouring for answers because of the suddenness and lack of explanations. IMO this scenario is similar.

If the other members motives are similar to mine, then I am sure they are not out to cause trouble, they just want to know what is happening

Vice    1,593

Posts are being erased in this thread now .. Come on guys this isn't Iran!

Sethos    270

We're on the internet, there is a case of drama 101 and no drama lama pictures yet? What the ...

DramaLlama.jpg

There we go, carry on!

Rob    20

Haha great picture.

kimsland    2

Thanks for the pic (another one to add to blocked pics)

Good post though ;)

Joel    27
I still feel someone needs to come forward and at least partially explain the true nature of this event

Why, exactly? GM doesn't call you at home and tell you what happened, why should Neowin have to? The partial explanation you wanted was made in the first post of this thread. Any thing more than that right now is way more than anyone else needs to know.

Subject Delta    108

I have already posted my reasoning for that, I have no intention of repeating myself.

Posts are being erased, people are being told to keep quiet, nobody is being specific. Don't tell me you seriously have trouble seeing why so many people are suspicious?

Joel    27
Don't tell me you seriously have trouble seeing why so many people are suspicious?

Of what? Do you feel Neowin is in the process of stealing your identity?

There's a severe case of self-entitlement in this thread.

tomwarren    68

Most of the staff resigned due to irreconcilable differences with the administration of the site. There is no conspiracy, all of the staff involved were long standing staff who felt their issues weren't addressed because of miscommunication and decisions. Most were part of a group that participated in Neowindex US and had formed close friendships due to this. The fact that 1 or 2 left then cascaded into others leaving. Some may feel they made the wrong decision or talks will be held and issues resolved but it's too early to know either way. It's a shame and they will be missed but we wish them all the best in their future endeavours.

Edited by Tom W

Brad.    7

Just leave it, for crying out loud. It's a re-shuffle, some people have left, some people are being reinstated to cover the gaps. This has been dealt badly, but when the time comes, an Administrator will tell us as much as they want us to know.

Let's wait until everything's final before any of us jump the gun and come to our own conclusions, yeah?

Subject Delta    108
Of what? Do you feel Neowin is in the process of stealing your identity?

There's a severe case of self-entitlement in this thread.

What the heck is your problem? Its a simple matter really, a lot of people left and some members wanted to know what is going on. Your attitude is totally unhelpful. Regardless of what you may think members are just as important to a forum as staff there are times when they ask questions.

I never tried to claim any kind of conspiracy I just thought it was strange that a lot left at once.

Joel    27
What the heck is your problem? Its a simple matter really, a lot of people left and some members wanted to know what is going on. Your attitude is totally unhelpful. Regardless of what you may think members are just as important to a forum as staff there are times when they ask questions.

I never tried to claim any kind of conspiracy I just thought it was strange that a lot left at once.

You said it was suspicious. What the heck is going on is things that have been private are staying somewhat private. Coming into this thread and acting like you're due an explanation for this is really quite laughable.

Tom has now given you guys a little more to chew on. Don't finish it too quickly, or you'll find yourselves hungry for info again too quickly.

Richard Hammond    119
Just leave it, for crying out loud. It's a re-shuffle, some people have left, some people are being reinstated to cover the gaps. This has been dealt badly, but when the time comes, an Administrator will tell us as much as they want us to know.

Let's wait until everything's final before any of us jump the gun and come to our own conclusions, yeah?

Stop telling me what i should or should not do.

All i want to know is if im wasting my time visiting Neowin, if its an outside source making/causing the changes it would be nice to be told about it since the community makes Neowin not the other way around, if its not an outside source and there are no changes that might affect the community then fair enough case closed.

Yusuf M.    1,364

It's a bit of a surprise, but it happens. I'm glad that they left on their own accord. It would've sucked to have been "fired". So, we have a bunch of new Veterans. We'll still see them participating in discussions, giving their opinions, etc.

Anyway, what is going to happen to the Editor-in-Chief and Managing Editor groups? It's empty right now.

Vice    1,593
Most of the staff resigned due to irreconcilable differences with the administration of the site. There is no conspiracy, all of the staff involved were long standing staff who felt their issues weren't addressed because of miscommunication and decisions. Most were part of a group that participated in Neowindex US and had formed close friendships due to this so the fact that 1 or 2 left then cascading to others leaving. Some may feel they made the wrong decision or talks will be held and issues resolved but it's too early to know either way. It's a shame and they will be missed but we wish them all the best in their future endeavours.

Good enough explanation for me. Maybe you should have said this at the start it was quite vague the first post and obviously left a lot of people wondering.

You said it was suspicious. What the heck is going on is things that have been private are staying somewhat private. Coming into this thread and acting like you're due an explanation for this is really quite laughable.

Tom has now given you guys a little more to chew on. Don't finish it too quickly, or you'll find yourselves hungry for info again too quickly.

That tirade was so unnecessary.

Subject Delta    108

Saying something is suspicious is not the same as saying it is a consipracy. Regardless, I am not going to waste my time debating with you so have a nice day :)

ToneKnee    326

I wish I was a mod/GM. :p

Brad.    7
Stop telling me what i should or should not do.

All i want to know is if im wasting my time visiting Neowin, if its an outside source making/causing the changes it would be nice to be told about it since the community makes Neowin not the other way around, if its not an outside source and there are no changes that might affect the community then fair enough case closed.

Well you're not helping anything, if you want to know if you're wasting your time visiting Neowin then come back in a day or so when things *hopefully* have cleared and people know a bit more on what's going on.

tomwarren    68
Good enough explanation for me. Maybe you should have said this at the start it was quite vague the first post and obviously left a lot of people wondering.

Yes I agree. Apologies this wasn't done but it wasn't clear at the time as it happened all within a few hours. What was clear was that members would notice straight away and a thread was made by a member so we made this thread based on the very little information we had at the time.

Just to clarify there was no "outside force". This was strictly an internal issue.