Staff Re-shuffle

I would ask staffers below Supervisors not to post in this thread. If a misunderstanding needs to be cleared up then let an Administrator do that.

Thank you.

I'm glad to see Tom get the credit he deserves. He has been around a long time, and from what I have seen really makes an attempt to better Neowin.

In all honesty I don't care one bit about those staffers leaving. It will give other equally qualified people the chance to help here at Neowin. I'm sure there will be a scramble for a bit until things get worked out. But I doubt it will have much of an effect on the regular members here.

Therefore it surely has to be attached to Neowin's relations to Stardock/Microsoft and/or any other affiliated companies/members of staff?

Surely? Why surely? You know nothing about it, and now you're throwing in a new rumour.

Surely? Why surely? You know nothing about it, and now you're throwing in a new rumour.

Precisely I know very little about it, but that's not my problem to deal with, it's that of the admins/supervisors.

When you decide to present as little transparency as they have you can't avoid rumours/question asking.

I should have written that better, sorry if it's ticked you off. I meant in my opinion it surely could relate to something along those lines. It's the only way I see a mass exodus occurring.

However I'll refrain from poking any more until I hear more from above, if anything. As I said on the last page there's no point in blowing anything out of proportion when you know as little as we do.

I would ask staffers below Supervisors not to post in this thread. If a misunderstanding needs to be cleared up then let an Administrator do that.

Thank you.

Game master: "Fred just increased speculation and uncertainty levels by 6 points"

:p

Sad to see so many people have left especially Marshalus and DL.

Lets hope for the best

Thank you.

What a joke this is exactly the kind of thing i was talking about, if it wasnt for the community there wouldnt be a Neowin for you lot to staff over, keeping people in the dark is just going to get peoples backs up.

As for staff resigning "voluntarily" im sure they had no choice but to resign if they didnt like it.

If its any outside influence be it Stardock, Microsoft or anyone else i wont be coming back here.

Good question. Whatever changes were announced in the staff area must be drastic - otherwise there wouldn't have been such an exodus of a lot of senior staff.

Mind you, Marshalus and Shane Pitman were the ones turning Neowin from a mainly copy/paste-based news site to a well respected news site in its own right. There have to have happened some drastic developments for them to resign.

It would be great if the administrators shed some more light on what really happened, and which changes affecting us as members are to come.

Edit: A comment like 'what happened is none of your concern. Now go about your business, things will be fine.' won't do. The amount of resignations in one day as well as the fact that long-time, loyal staff members have resigned is too much to remain unexplained.

Bingo (Y)

What a joke this is exactly the kind of thing i was talking about, if it wasnt for the community there wouldnt be a Neowin for you lot to staff over, keeping people in the dark is just going to get peoples backs up.

As for staff resigning "voluntarily" im sure they had no choice but to resign if they didnt like it.

If its any outside influence be it Stardock, Microsoft or anyone else i wont be coming back here.

How about you just settle down for a bit and give them time to decide what they want to tell the forum publicly...

And if you don't like it then just leave. Seriously, no one is forcing you to log in and post here.

Assuming things won't get you anywhere, or help the situation at all.

If nothing else don't people deserve to know the truth? Wading in with guns blazing and ordering people below certain ranks not to make posts just heightens the feeling that something untoward is happening. Maybe it would sound better coming from an Admin, but I feel that there should at least be some explanation.

Just adding my 2 cents. These sort of situations always end badly when transparency isn't there from the start.

+1

Just adding my 2 cents. These sort of situations always end badly when transparency isn't there from the start.

+2

If this puts an end to the "we know there is a new Xbox coming from our tour at AMD" and the TechNet subscription debacle and the wrong link on Vista discounts on the front page, etc... then great. But I'll agree with Frank Fontaine, popping in to tell everyone to keep quiet smacks of something... odd.

I asked staff members below Supervisor not to post in this thread to avoid half-truths or partial answers from adding to the speculation. I also did not want to see anything negative written about any departed staffers. So far this thread has not been a problem and perhaps my post was unnecessary but this is an issue that the Administrators should address. My only interest at this point is doing some damage control and preventing this situation from getting any worse than it is.

I see what happened here. Neobond threatened to introduce a budget cap of ?40m which the new Vets weren't happy with. After several meetings trying to find a compromise, they've now resigned and are off to start a breakaway series?;))

hahahaha:rofl::

I asked staff members below Supervisor not to post in this thread to avoid half-truths or partial answers from adding to the speculation. I also did not want to see anything negative written about any departed staffers. So far this thread has not been a problem and perhaps my post was unnecessary but this is an issue that the Administrators should address. My only interest at this point is doing some damage control and preventing this situation from getting any worse than it is.

IMHO you should have done that in the staff areas, not in this thread. For nothing else than to not add fuel to the fire of speculation and community backlash, even though I do see why that decision needed to be taken.

Well thats fair enough then, sorry for pointing the finger if it seemed I did, but I still feel someone needs to come forward and at least partially explain the true nature of this event

Edit: 2K :laugh:

IMHO you should have done that in the staff areas, not in this thread. For nothing else than to not add fuel to the fire of speculation and community backlash, even though I do see why that decision needed to be taken.

You are, of course, quite right. Although, we have so many staff sections (some for newsies, some for moderators, etc..) that my request might have been missed.

Normally on most forums on which I admin I just have one admin forum for general or sensitive administrative stuff, and one general staff forum for everyone else. I feel it helps unity a bit better if everyone knows everything apart from the really sensitive bits.

Although I appreciate that Neowin is a bit bigger and more complex than most forums, I feel a bit of unification could benifit your staff and thereby the members as well indirectly

Contrary to some reports we haven't lost "half the staff" but a few have resigned from both forum operations and news operations in the management team.

So where do I sign up? :)

Damn, that really is a lot of staff being set to veteran, they deserve the veteran badge but most of them were my favorite mods (and PureLegend, of course ;))

Yay :D

This thread, without clarification, and Mephistophele's thread in S&FI being closed just adds to speculation (E.g, Daniel was moved to the Veteran group, but now he is back as Administrator?). With Marshalus and Shane Pitman now "resigned", 2/5 of the threads in the announcement forum's first page are by verterans.

This is scary!

<hides>

Edit: More seriously, as someone mentioned above, this is a privately run site, and self-administering. If we are to be informed, that is not our choice.

Best bet is to sit tight, let the dust settle and hope to get some info in a little while.