'Genderless' Child Ignites Firestorm in Canada

I'm fairly sure that it is a boy.

Would be great fun if everyone who sees Storm, would say, "what a cute little boy", or "how is your son doing".

I bet that would irritate the parents into admitting the sex. :laugh:

I have a better name for the thing. Let's call him "Neutral".

Also, I cannot believe that there are people stupid enough to have their baby at home in this day and age. This actually proves that the parents are insane...

Lol, the kid will turn out to be a major player and use the opposite gender as objects. Completely opposite of what the parents want.. which what they want is completely ridiculous to start with anyways.

Also, I cannot believe that there are people stupid enough to have their baby at home in this day and age. This actually proves that the parents are insane...

maybe im just ignorant about this but i thought that a hospital is only needed if it was a cesarian birth or something?

I took two things out of the story and comments here.

1) The baby is both male and female, and they'll let 'storm' grow up and choose which path they want, removing the other.

2) They are just idiots who don't want to share the gender of the baby with the public... for attention.

God I hate new age hippy douchebags.

:angry:

way to reinforce the 'world'

Who thinks Storm will turn out gay .... :unsure:

does it matter Hum?

I have a better name for the thing. Let's call him "Neutral".

insane because......

maybe im just ignorant about this but i thought that a hospital is only needed if it was a cesarian birth or something?

true, but unrecommended by both medical community and common sense.

There are a lot of things that can go wrong with a pregnancy that cannot be resolved at home, not by the parents, or even by a midwife, or even by a doctor. A child should be brought to life by an experienced gynecologist in a hospital who has performed thousands of births compared to about a dozen done by the average midwife. (The fact that evolution caused humans to stand up also caused humans to have a very very troublesome pregnancy)

I think this is a lame excuse at getting some attention.

I have twins; a boy and a girl. They look and dress as society would expect a girl and boy to dress.

But..sometimes my son wants to wear what his sister wears and vice versa; and that's OK. Or sometimes my daughter wants to play with toy trucks; sometimes she wants to walk around with her little purse and put on some braclets and the sames goes with my son...and it's OK.

You don't need to keep gender hidden to not let society's views of what a child should and should not do affect your views and your children.

My parents complain all the time that my son should play with trucks and not dolls or that my daughter shouldn't play with her brothers trucks. And I tell them...Relax, it's OK...

There are a lot of things that can go wrong with a pregnancy, that cannot be resolved at home, not by the parents, or even by a midwife, or even by a doctor. A child should be brought to life by an experienced gynecologist in a hospital who has performed thousands of births compared to about a dozen by the average midwife. (The fact that evolution caused humans to stand up also caused humans to have a very very troublesome pregnancy)

Judging by your avatar and your opinions I'd say that you're a doctor. Statistically, there's absolutely no reason why a baby shouldn't be born at home in this day and age. Midwives are more than capable of dealing with most emergencies and hospitals are put on notice in case the mother has to be rushed in due to an unforeseen complication that the midwife can't handle. By the time the mother is ready to deliver she will have been through enough tests and enough visits to the obstetrician to know whether a home delivery is a viable, safe option. All the evidence supports this view and the only people who tend to argue against it are the doctors who have their own agendas to push.

Back on topic, I think it's interesting what the parents are doing. I doubt it will succeed 100% because the child will be exposed to gender stereotypes by other children/parents that it comes in contact with (including its siblings no doubt) but I don't have any problem with the intention to bring up a child who feels that men and women are equal. Of course, I can understand how lots of people here would feel threatened by something like that ;)

And what if something goes wrong?

99.9% of people have their children at the hospital.

Judging by your avatar and your opinions I'd say that you're a doctor. Statistically, there's absolutely no reason why a baby shouldn't be born at home in this day and age. Midwives are more than capable of dealing with most emergencies and hospitals are put on notice in case the mother has to be rushed in due to an unforeseen complication that the midwife can't handle. By the time the mother is ready to deliver she will have been through enough tests and enough visits to the obstetrician to know whether a home delivery is a viable, safe option. All the evidence supports this view and the only people who tend to argue against it are the doctors who have their own agendas to push.

I'm not a doctor, I'm a first year med student, and I wish I didn't throw away my articles about this, so I could post some numbers of child death caused by home birth, they were insanely high.

Some people are just blinded by what they want their child birth to be like. They are so blinded by this that they risk their child's safety. I have not met a doctor that states that home birth doesn't involve severe risks for both the mother and the child.

Who cares, really? Even if they did announce the gender, dressing a girl up in boys clothes WHEN THEY ARE A BABY is not going to affect how they turn out later in life. If a boy baby likes playing with dolls are you going to stop them? No, because they think its fun. It's only our society that tells us boys and dolls shouldn't be used together.

If they really want to raise their child this way I say more power to them.

They're just trying to raise awareness. As soon as this kid will be going to school it will only be a matter of days before his sex is known. I doubt it'll cause any problems at all.

Who cares, really? Even if they did announce the gender, dressing a girl up in boys clothes WHEN THEY ARE A BABY is not going to affect how they turn out later in life. If a boy baby likes playing with dolls are you going to stop them? No, because they think its fun. It's only our society that tells us boys and dolls shouldn't be used together.

If they really want to raise their child this way I say more power to them.

I can't one plus this enough!!! :yes:

+1000000000000000000000000000000

I think this is a lame excuse at getting some attention.

I have twins; a boy and a girl. They look and dress as society would expect a girl and boy to dress.

But..sometimes my son wants to wear what his sister wears and vice versa; and that's OK. Or sometimes my daughter wants to play with toy trucks; sometimes she wants to walk around with her little purse and put on some braclets and the sames goes with my son...and it's OK.

You don't need to keep gender hidden to not let society's views of what a child should and should not do affect your views and your children.

My parents complain all the time that my son should play with trucks and not dolls or that my daughter shouldn't play with her brothers trucks. And I tell them...Relax, it's OK...

You sir are doing it right. Great job. Your kids are lucky to have such an understanding parent raise them

Pushing their own non-conformist agenda is not a bad thing per-se. Doing it using their child is.

How is this harmful to the child? In reality, it is far less harmful than the current norm and I support them in their efforts.

Gender comes with a lot of baggage. By raising their child to not see people through their gender and instead to see themselves as people first and individuals as well will only help make the child a better person overall.

The walls we have for gender don't help either gender...

Boys aren't supposed to "be emotional" or "be nice" or "sleep with lots of women" etc...

Girls aren't supposed to "be aggressive" or "be unsupportive" etc...

They mearly erect artificial walls that only hurt people (since no one fits 100% into our artificial gender rules).

not only the parents are idiots and named their kids ridiculous names, the kids are gonna have problems later in their lives.

sigh, the world is full of retards.

not only the parents are idiots and named their kids ridiculous names, the kids are gonna have problems later in their lives.

sigh, the world is full of retards.

how about replace the word 'retard' with 'non-conformist' ?

It'll only last till the kid starts school then everyone will know. Assuming ofc the school doesn't deny the parents a placement for the child if they still refuse to state on the form male/female.