• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  

E3 2011: Microsoft Press Conference

Ayepecks    117

Are you invincible in this Star Wars game or something? If so, lame. For an on-rails game it doesn't look bad, but it doesn't look good. Just alright.

George P    5,573

There are 10million kinects out there, did any of you seriously think they'd not spend a good chunk of the show talking about it and some of it's casual games? So far this is going how I expected it would.

Guyro    0

*yawn* on-rails fable

*yawn* on-rails star wars

*yawn* kinect

give us the halo 4 announcement already

edit: not even a massive halo fan but at least its not a kiddies game

Ayepecks    117

It's kind of sad that Seasame Street looks like the best Kinect game so far. Then again, it is a Double Fine game.

iamawesomewicked    80

The input lag for star wars kinect is sooooooooooooo bad.

Ayepecks    117

There are 10million kinects out there, did any of you seriously think they'd not spend a good chunk of the show talking about it and some of it's casual games? So far this is going how I expected it would.

No, I knew they would and I don't at all blame them for it. I'm just saying this isn't going to be popular for this audience at E3. Show more Halo, Ryse, Forza, and less kid demos. Because kids aren't your audience at E3.

Noveed    21

I do think they are over doing it on the Kinect this and Kinect that, its being shoved and crammed into almost every game. Some games should be left alone as conventional others should have hints of it and some should only be kinect based. They can seriously alienate their core playerbase.

The kids were terrible at acting and acting is what they were doing, it would have been better if the kids part was not scripted and they acted like actual kids.

No sign of Halo 4 yet.

Kinect SDK now?

DirtyLarry    2,094

Let's see, 10 million of 55 million is 18%

They have dedicated at least 75% of the conference so far to Kinect.

So yeah, sorry I expected them to focus on things other then Kinect. :rolleyes: You know, like games, the things that got them to the position in the first place in order to sell Kinect.

sweetham    4

Oh no, totally expected nothing but kinect at this e3. But one can dream they at least give us more conservative gamers something we want as well.

+Mystic    10

Exactly! They don't have new hardware coming out this year like Sony/Nintendo so they had to stretch out the presser some way since we've barely seen any games.

You realize that was a scripted video sequence right? Not real-time. Is there something I'm missing?

Noveed    21

Kinect Fun Labs is cool, the Avatar capture is immense :D loving that feature.

Ayepecks    117

Are they seriously showing off Fun Labs? Ugh. Save this for potential developers or something.

George P    5,573

That's why it's probably not coming soon.

sweetham    4

Kinect head totally looks hungover with the aviators and hippie clothing. Hope he is.

Ayepecks    117

I don't dispute that this is all great technology, but don't waste ten minutes on this.

mikebiacsi    60

The people talking about kinect fun labs annoy the hell out of me.

Noveed    21

Object capture finally here something that was shown in launch trailer of kinect :D

Yusuf M.    1,362

They're focusing a lot on Kinect. Also, why did Kudo Tsunoda wear sunglasses during his presentation?

+Mystic    10

They're focusing a lot on Kinect. Also, why did Kudo Tsunoda wear sunglasses during his presentation?

He does all the time. He must live in a very bright world...

Ayepecks    117

Just his style. He almost always looks like that.

Ayepecks    117

They said Big Park for Kinect Sports Season Two... Did Rare get dissolved?

Corris    42

I understand why they want to show so much Kinect stuff as it is great for the casual crowd and is what they are really trying to get out there, but for an E3 Conference this is all a bit boring.

The ratio of Core to Casual watching, no doubt the Core is greatly outnumbering the Casuals so all this fluff most of us aren't interesting doesn't make for a good show.

Hopefully move on soon, "One last thing" Halo 4 LOLOLOLOL.

Noveed    21

Halo 4 ,5 ,6??? LOL

DirtyLarry    2,094

Well, the football demo for Kinect Sports 2 sealed the deal for me.

Worst e3 Conference ever by any company IMO.

Note, the IMO. I know it is not a popular opinion in these forums, but it is truly how I feel. That was god awful.

Ayepecks    117

No way those are real-time graphics, just like the Halo 3 first reveal.