E3 2011: Microsoft Press Conference

When did Master Chief steal Isaacs Boosters from Dead Space 2? lol.

Nice to see Unicron in Halo though.

No way those are real-time graphics, just like the Halo 3 first reveal.

Think I would cool someone a fool if they thought they were, lol, it isn't like the 360 or any current console is packing CG quality Hardware.

Halo 4 for Holiday 2012. Damn, I didn't think it'd happen.

Well, the football demo for Kinect Sports 2 sealed the deal for me.

Worst e3 Conference ever by any company IMO.

Note, the IMO. I know it is not a popular opinion in these forums, but it is truly how I feel. That was god awful.

Share the same sentiments. Halo CE and Halo 4 were the only things that had my interest. Other than that, Ubisoft's gunsmith integration with kinect is the best utilization for the device I have seen yet.

Note, the IMO. I know it is not a popular opinion in these forums, but it is truly how I feel. That was god awful.

Nintendo E3 2008 says you're being over-reactionary :p

So.. they didn't announce any new games. What was the conference about? :)

you must have missed the Halo4 announcement?

I actually liked some of the Kinect stuff. Forza, Star Wars, Ghost Recon, Mass Effect, all look pretty good.

eh, I think god awful is a bit tough. I mean, I am not at all interested in Kenect stuff, but still there was alot of solid products. Defiantly not alot to please the "hardcore" controller folks. But I didn't exactly expect a ton of mind blowing stuff, there rarely is.

Honestly there was nothing that wouldn't be possible to do real time on the xbox in that. it all happened in a relatively small geometric space, with not a lot of stuff around, and that ship has already been rendered in real time at the end of Halo 3. and that was before the engine upgrade. and the ship was bigger at that time, though less flames :)

space scenes like that are really easy to make look good due to the little objects and geometry in them.

As for all the people whining about Kinect. Seriously, they showed of a lot of Non kinect stuff to, you got yours, the kinect peopel got theirs, and then there's the overlap. not all non kinect gamers are the same and not all kinect gamers are the same, and a lot of Kinect gamers are also some kind of controller gamer. There's enough for everyone here.

Now since I was at work on a meeting for everythign but the last 10 minutes of this, I need to find a place that has it all stored so I can stream.

No way to know for sure, I expect it'll look better than Reach and, imo, reach doesn't look bad. Who knows how long they've been working on it, since Reach ended probably, or MS might have had the start of what is now 343i working on a new game engine even before Reach ended.

Bound to happen sooner or later, I was expecting something like this last year. Microsoft is still building up the exclusive-developing studios that Sony has had around for years so they are bound to have an exclusively-lean year sooner or later hence the over emphasis on Kinect.

So depressing. Kinect has really just ruined it for the hardcore. I remember past e3's (not last year) where they would announce some proper exciting games. This year it was Kinect, Kinect, Kinect, Halo Anniversary, Kinect Kinect, Kinect *cringe worthy kids* Kinect, Halo 4.

Everything is better when you have to shout at the screen for it to do things.

Kinda meh for me personally. I have no plans to get a Kinect and I'm burned out on Halo, so that last announcement didn't do anything for me. I'm interested in the Xbox Live TV stuff though, and Minecraft 360 could be cool.

JOHN!!! JOHN!!!! HALO 4!! I am alive. My Halo fanboyism knows no bounds.

+1

Terrible conference

Utterly disappointed with this years E3. Terrible terrible terrible conference.

A few titles were really good but with all the Kinect dominated line up I am really disappointed. Looking forward to Sony's conference now, hopefully that will be a million times better, to be honest I do not see how it could be any worse.

Gears of War 3 - Awesome

Forza 4 - Awesome (the kinect integration is spot on, not overly done)

Mass Effect 3 - Unreal (again kinect integration is spot on and optional, you do not need to speak you can still use the thumb-sticks etc)

Halo 4 - Yeah baby, but he said "Dawn of a new trilogy" meaning halo 4, 5 and 6. Talk about milking it :laugh:

Halo:CE Anniversary - Very good to see this, would love a remake of Halo 2 as well to complete the trilogy on the 360.

Kinect Fun Labs was probably the best kinect thing that was shown, real avatar scanning was really good.

CoD:MW3 ... just another CoD game that will get super hyped and will under deliver, nothing new at all there

Tomb Raider, boring, just boring not exited about it, I reckon it will flop.

Ryse (by Crytech) - Star Wars but set in Roman Times.

Kinect Star Wars - Hack and Slash, will get boring after a while, judging by graphics its probably going to be targeting a younger audience.

New dash is slick and more streamlined than ever before, it looks very similar to Windows 8 and Metro UI does look nice and minimalistic. As some people have mentioned before it used to look kiddy. Doubt it looks kiddy now :laugh:

Bing search will be convenient nothing more, Youtube will be a welcome feature and so will TV.

Terrible conference with a few moments of awesomeness, overall though it was dire.

Was kinda disappointing, but I think that comes from knowing all the announcements beforehand.

This sums it up for me. Stephen Totilo gave it a B which I think is a fair rating considering we knew literally everything beforehand. The re-done dashboard for Kinect and TV on the 360 (regardless or not if you use Kinect) would have been a pretty cool surprise.