E3 2011: Microsoft Press Conference

dknm

It was a boring watch to be honest. They had a portion alloted to Kinect last year as well ; this year though they demo-ed what kinect can do for AAA titles, and little to no gameplay. Period.

Dance Central 2 is probably the most impressive game in the Kinect offering.

The new Tomb Raider looks pretty; the voice feedback made me giggle :laugh:

On-Demand stream is available at : http://www.xbox.com/en-US/Community/E3

George P

The updated Live stuff is good, YouTube, Bing with voice search, live TV. There's more but MS is in no rush to tell us everything. As far as exclusives, why not count Forza4 as well? Besides E3 isn't the only gaming show, we also have others on the way. Having the optional ability to use kinect in some hardcore games is what people expected too, and if you want to use it then go ahead, if you don't don't. I don't get why some seem mad by this?

Crisp

So where was this leaked "Diamond" stuff?

Never thought Google (YouTube) and Microsoft (Xbox) would partner up.

+Audioboxer

Sat outside in the sun with my fiance the past 2 hours, looks like I choose the right option :p I'll watch any games trailers later for the good parts.

George P

It was a boring watch to be honest. They had a portion alloted to Kinect last year as well ; this year though they demo-ed what kinect can do for AAA titles, and little to no gameplay. Period.

Dance Central 2 is probably the most impressive game in the Kinect offering.

The new Tomb Raider looks pretty; the voice feedback made me giggle :laugh:

It's expected when us more hardcore gamers find it boring when half the show is kinect stuff.

They talked about the Live TV service but didn't go into details, we'll probably get more later today or tomorrow.

Youtube, afaik has open APIs, anyone can connect to it and use it unless Google wants to be an ass about it and block features. In the end though it's in their best interest to get Youtube on as many things as they can.

lalalawawawa

you must have missed the Halo4 announcement?

Except H4, which already is a 360 exclusive... I didn't see any other games...

Just some things done for brainless people to jerk off in front of the TV while "dancing" together in this new "amazing" "game".

To hell with Microsoft's Entertainment Division. :)

Ayepecks

It was showed off. That's what the Live TV stuff was.

I think the press conference itself was poorly structured, as certain games that should have got live demos didn't get ones, and boring stuff that no one wanted to see (Disneyland) did get one. I don't think it was as terrible as some of you are making it out to be, but to each his own. Numerous games excited me (basically all the shooters, my bread-and-butter), and I absolutely loved the new dashboard and features like Bing voice search and Live TV.

+Mystic

Except H4, which already is a 360 exclusive... I didn't see any other games...

Just some things done for brainless people to jerk off in front of the TV while "dancing" together in this new "amazing" "game".

To hell with Microsoft's Entertainment Division. :)

I take it you haven't played it then. I thought the original was the stupidest thing ever and finally played it a few weeks back. It completely won me over and it was a hit while hanging out with some friends.

BajiRav

I didn't think it was terrible at all, they could've shortened the some demos such as CoD and Tomb Raider but overall there were more pluses than negatives. Once the new-newXE (:p) is available, Xbox 360 will have officially the best dashboard!

HaloCE looked awesome (but they probably ruined the fun physics :( ) and Halo4 reveal was awesome :D

Ryse looks interesting :)

Although not unexpected, I don't get the Kinect hate, the ME and Ghost Recon demos were nice!

lalalawawawa

I take it you haven't played it then. I thought the original was the stupidest thing ever and finally played it a few weeks back. It completely won me over and it was a hit while hanging out with some friends.

Halo is good. :) The Kinect stuff makes me vomit. :D

+Mystic

Halo is good. :) The Kinect stuff makes me vomit. :D

Ok well your entitled to your own opinion but I'm just saying, give it a shot. DC shows extremely poor at E3 because it is game you have to experience for yourself.

-KJ

Some nice games, but as anyone knows it's all about Kinect these days for Microsoft.

Looking forward to Sony and Nintendo now. I think I'm a little more excited for them because of the rumors of a new Nintendo console and PSVita.

Noveed

Although not unexpected, I don't get the Kinect hate, the ME and Ghost Recon demos were nice!

Everything is good in small quantities but Kinect is being shoved down the throat of gamers.

As I mentioned in my previous post it works well in certain games, its subtle integration in Froza and ME3 is awesome the GR integration was insanely good but when the whole conference was pretty much dominated by it then it got really boring, the announcements that the core gamers were looking for were overshadowed by kinect this and kinect that. Definitely one of the worse E3 conferences MS has put together in recent years.

neufuse

eh don't worry guys, This conference will mean nothing here now that Apple declared themselves the kings of gaming today...

George P

Ok well your entitled to your own opinion but I'm just saying, give it a shot. DC shows extremely poor at E3 because it is game you have to experience for yourself.

I think the same could be said for many kinect games though. But w/e. 95% of the people her are hardcore only and don't care either way. MS rolling in the kinect generated profits doesn't care either way also.

Corris

Honestly there was nothing that wouldn't be possible to do real time on the xbox in that. it all happened in a relatively small geometric space, with not a lot of stuff around, and that ship has already been rendered in real time at the end of Halo 3. and that was before the engine upgrade. and the ship was bigger at that time, though less flames :)

space scenes like that are really easy to make look good due to the little objects and geometry in them.

You must have been watching a different trailer, because the closest real time stuff we have seen is from epic which required 3 top range cards in sync to produce the graphics.

Those weren't real time, especially not on current hardware.

~Johnny

The new Tomb Raider screams of a Japanese developer influence in there somewhere - Way to much pointless, load moaning and squealing from that Lara Croft..

George P

You must have been watching a different trailer, because the closest real time stuff we have seen is from epic which required 3 top range cards in sync to produce the graphics.

Those weren't real time, especially not on current hardware.

I expect Halo 4 will look better than Reach in the end, keeping in mind that it's going to stick to it's art style in the end, which plays into how it looks overall. Remaking HaloCE seems to be a good way to buy 343i more time to work on Halo4 imo.

Jan

eh don't worry guys, This conference will mean nothing here now that Apple declared themselves the kings of gaming today...

Haha! Automatically better because a free, crappy service has more users :D

lalalawawawa

Although not unexpected, I don't get the Kinect hate!

Sorry, mate. But being a guy who plays SC2, and CSS competitively, it is hard to get the point of Kinect (except for milking good franchises and making money selling stuff to the NA and UK market). :)

Corris

I expect Halo 4 will look better than Reach in the end, keeping in mind that it's going to stick to it's art style in the end, which plays into how it looks overall. Remaking HaloCE seems to be a good way to buy 343i more time to work on Halo4 imo.

I have no doubt that Halo 4 will look better than Reach, lol, just that it wont look like the trailer.

+Audioboxer

XxnpI.jpg

:p

Jan

^ :D