New Facebook Sidebar

thank you for the script links it was getting annoying!

I don't understand the hate. The idea is that you can message anyone at anytime, whether or not they're online or offline. The messaging backend is the exact same either way now. Now they just show you who you tend to be in touch with the most, which is a good thing. I didn't like it at first, but its definitely grown on me. I don't care about most of the people I used to be shown as online as I do quite a few of the people who are now shown to me offline in the new sidebar. I like it better this way.

Its like every facebook update - in three months, if people were shown the way things used to be, they'd wonder what the **** they were thinking.

I got this sidebar thing, as well as the video chat thing, but I STILL don't have the unified inbox thing, which I actually want, for the ability to have a fb email and to store FB Chat logs.

I don't understand the hate. The idea is that you can message anyone at anytime, whether or not they're online or offline. The messaging backend is the exact same either way now. Now they just show you who you tend to be in touch with the most, which is a good thing. I didn't like it at first, but its definitely grown on me. I don't care about most of the people I used to be shown as online as I do quite a few of the people who are now shown to me offline in the new sidebar. I like it better this way.

Its like every facebook update - in three months, if people were shown the way things used to be, they'd wonder what the **** they were thinking.

It's annoying though, most of the time you want to see if someone is online and talk to them. If not then search their profile and send um a message. This list is not even accurate, they claim it shows your most actively contacted friends. But it changes each time, I've found it shows people I've never even spoke too since adding. Not even commenting on statuses or whatever and does not show people I spoke to last night -_-.

This new sidebar is the first facebook change I've seen that I don't like. I don't see what's wrong with the old way...that didn't take up an entire side of my screen.

The only other things that are on that side are either white space or adverts, so why is it a problem?

YAY I got the old thing back, hahaha maybe FB decided how stupid they were!

They appear to have removed it for me :/ Hopefully they're just fixing some of the bugs.

I hate it. Every time I go to Facebook, it grey's out my friends and asks me to "Try it out"... ffs..

I had this problem. Once they fix this bug, it should be a great improvement (to me).

Screw the whole thing, I hope it burns and turns into dust, good riddance! I am glad I got the old one back..

I just wat to be able to click their name in the side bar and go to their profile. even the right click option is missing.

What is fb smoking these days?

I just wat to be able to click their name in the side bar and go to their profile. even the right click option is missing.

That is what I miss the most, my fav. feature of the chat thingy.. Well I know for sure they ain't smoking mary jaaaaaaane lol

I think I got the old one back because I'm missing the live news feed. Anyone else missing the live news feed?

Also, I've lost the news feed but I still can't see everyone who is online. Just more than before.

Facebook realise they've implemented a great and convenient way for us to find our friends: Search. Now idiotic users won't be confused when some of the titlebar of the Chat window minimises the window and some of it goes to the user's profile. Searching for a profile, in the top search bar, and clicking on that profile takes hardly any time.

Facebook realise they've implemented a great and convenient way for us to find our friends: Search. Now idiotic users won't be confused when some of the titlebar of the Chat window minimises the window and some of it goes to the user's profile. Searching for a profile, in the top search bar, and clicking on that profile takes hardly any time.

i guess the way to see it is that facebook isnt a chatroom or something, its a social networking site with chat added on... now it seems that they are relegating the chat feature even lower for some reason

for me, im used to IM-style chatting and i dont like what they are doing... i look at who's online before i think of who to chat to, not the other way round

i guess the way to see it is that facebook isnt a chatroom or something, its a social networking site with chat added on... now it seems that they are relegating the chat feature even lower for some reason

for me, im used to IM-style chatting and i dont like what they are doing... i look at who's online before i think of who to chat to, not the other way round

I think you're right, and while I agree with the direction Facebook are going, they appear to have not catered for the use case you follow. The use case you follow is also followed by many other people, I imagine. I can't think of any possible reason why they haven't provided an option for this one, allowing the user to choose whether they'd prefer to see online people over offline people, or those they chat with most even if they're offline.

It's appeared last night from nowhere , I was one step closer to deactivate my account.

at least It's gone now..

It all doesn't matter while you don't have Messages and chat for 6 months.

cruel Facebook..

i have the option to turn it off and on :whistle: just came on for me today so i dunno what I did :unsure:

dont know what the problem is with it, if you don't like it hit the control bottom and click hide sidebar to return to a more normal mode.

the problem is you can no longer see everyone that's online, only the select few people that the sidebar decides to show (whether the people are online or not)