'Unrelenting' Heat Wave Hits 17 States

Hey guys, it's summer time. It gets hot.

not this hot,s especially where I'm at. it's supposed to be 85 normally and it was 94 today!

Hey guys, it's summer time. It gets hot.

Exactly. Many of these people who are bitching about the heat up north now were likely the ones laughing at Southerners back in January/February who were complaining about the unusually cold and snowy weather we were getting.

You guys are just getting a taste of what we deal with every year from about May through October here in Mississippi (at least the southern half of the state).

22 deaths from heatwave

(CNN) -- The dangerous heat wave blamed for as many as 22 deaths spread into the eastern United States on Wednesday, extending its reach across nearly half the U.S. population, officials said.

About 141 million people in a 1 million-square-mile area were under heat advisories and warnings, Justin Kenney, spokesman for the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, tweeted.

The National Weather Service said, "These triple-digit temperatures are forecast to remain in place across the eastern U.S. through Saturday before cooling off slightly to the mid-90s by Sunday."

http://www.cnn.com/2011/US/07/20/heat/index.html

and to think I would ever say that 80 degrees would be nice and 75 would be chilly.... OMG.

35c, feels like 47. (95f and 117f)

Humidex to peak at 50c. Jeeeessus :|

I must say I prefer the weather here:

post-1302-0-82369600-1311269794.png

My sympathies to those of you sweating various body parts off.

On the upside, UofT's (newer) buildings are over conditioned and my house has working AC. Still, freaking hot sauna outside!

90F and not even peak heat yet.... but I got my hair done today!!! I got it cut and it feels so much nicer!!! I got some ice cream and chocolate....

One of our cyclical hot Michigan/Great Lakes summers, and thanks to all the water around here it's humid to boot.

Today: (actual/heat index)

98?F/110?F - 37?C/43?C

A friend was doing his roof and says the temp up there was 137?F (58?C) actual :p

woo... hot here... London, ON

35C / 95 F but with humidex 46C / 115F... I think has been the hottest I can remember since living here (13 yrs).

I don't mind the heat, but it's the humidity that kills

Guess we finally getting it now up here. It's been warm all this time but tomorrow supposed to be 98? and heat index makes it feel like 110?! It's definitely gonna be a hot one come tomorrow! It's 90? now and was up to 93? today.

another 104 degree day here in kansas.

Supposed to be 105 the next few days as well. Blah!

never thought i'd miss the snow!

same here!!! I would be the happiest person alive if it were 30 and snowing right now!!!!!!

88F and muggy as hell with 70%H!!!!! I step out of the office and I about drop like a dog. OMG!!!! and it's 10:53PM

humidex is still 100F (36C) here at 11 pm.. thank god for at least one room being air conditioned and work being over air conditioned and the car, cant forget that.. stepped out of work tonight as someone was going in and i just yelled out "f**k!" and she just looked at me and goes "I know right"