NFL 2011 Season

All the Eagles need to do is make sure Vick has the protection he did not have last year. If they do that they have the NFC.

I hope they get Edwards on free agency.

Atlanta snapped him up, that was a good pick up for them. Their defense got shredded by Green Bay in the playoffs last year.

Atlanta snapped him up, that was a good pick up for them. Their defense got shredded by Green Bay in the playoffs last year.

our lineman are fine... it's the corners that need the help.

What the hell is Minnesota thinking?

In the other hand, Atlanta's receiving corps might be the best in the league, along with the chiefs and new england.

I think Green Bay's receiving corps is right up there too.

I think Minny has had a rough offseason. Losing Rice and Edwards hurt and they didn't do much else other than sign McNabb and they better hope that works out.

Have to strongly disagree on the Falcons receiving core. Colts, Packers, Saints and perhaps even the Cowboys and, dare I say, Jets, have a better receiving core. Could've added Ravens to the mix with Boldin, Mason, TJ and Heap, but Mason and Heap were cut. From a purely statistical stand point for 2010 for yards per game, Falcons were in the middle. By that standard, though, the Jets and Ravens shouldn't be considered. Julio Jones has a lot of potential. Personally, I wouldn't mind a Michael Crabtree type of performance, being a Saints fan and all ;)

Have to strongly disagree on the Falcons receiving core. Colts, Packers, Saints and perhaps even the Cowboys and, dare I say, Jets, have a better receiving core. Could've added Ravens to the mix with Boldin, Mason, TJ and Heap, but Mason and Heap were cut. From a purely statistical stand point for 2010 for yards per game, Falcons were in the middle. By that standard, though, the Jets and Ravens shouldn't be considered. Julio Jones has a lot of potential. Personally, I wouldn't mind a Michael Crabtree type of performance, being a Saints fan and all ;)

Arizona has Heap now, and I don't think the Ravens are bringing back Mason.

You can't count out the Texans receiving corps with Andre Johnson and Owen Daniels. Jacoby Jones is decent too, never been a fan of Kevin Walter though.

atlanta is taking the division again. thought i would let you know now so you are not disappointed later on whistle.gif

I like how quietly the Rams have been adding since the draft. Mike Sims-Walker it's a good receiver that should thrive with the Rams. At first I thought it would be the Pats the team trying to sign him.

BTW Matrix: Im not reading anything about Braylon Edwards signing up with the Falcons. Quite the contrary, it seems he will join the cards (That would be phenomenal).

Randy Moss is retiring. Shame really, ending his career on such a bad note.

It's truly a shame because he's really talented. After the incident in Minnesota, the only team to try and pick him up were the Titans. The Titans told him they wouldn't be resigning him.

By now, someone else would've picked him don't you think? Maybe he didn't want to remain a free agent, so he decided to retire? That's what I'm thinking...

It's truly a shame because he's really talented. After the incident in Minnesota, the only team to try and pick him up were the Titans. The Titans told him they wouldn't be resigning him.

By now, someone else would've picked him don't you think? Maybe he didn't want to remain a free agent, so he decided to retire? That's what I'm thinking...

From Jason LaConfora:

Randy Moss was gonna be selective about teams/QBs that made sense. Looks like right options did not develop. Wish him the best in retirement

Source

Falcons got Ray Edwards sanctified.

Yeah. In my original post I was talking about Braylon, seems that Matrix got confused and got me confused later :p

The Vikings should make a move for him.

I like how quietly the Rams have been adding since the draft. Mike Sims-Walker it's a good receiver that should thrive with the Rams. At first I thought it would be the Pats the team trying to sign him.

BTW Matrix: Im not reading anything about Braylon Edwards signing up with the Falcons. Quite the contrary, it seems he will join the cards (That would be phenomenal).

Oh I was talking Ray Edwards, my bad :p

Can't say I'm surprised about Moss retiring. He probably had a few teams he wanted to play for and they didn't give him the deal he wanted, but he'll be in the HOF for sure.

Time for the Packers to defend their title. :D

This. I am so mad about them cutting Nick Barnett though >.<

Don't worry the Dolphins might still get Orton NFL Network is saying. They still might circle back and get him around the first week of pre-season.

I do understand your concern though, Matt Moore? Ouch.

I might pick up Daniel Thomas in fantasy as my 3rd back now though :p

Your optimism alone will help me get through this season. Lol!

Thanks for the cheer up.

Your optimism alone will help me get through this season. Lol!

Thanks for the cheer up.

Np, good to hear! :)

You can't go into a season with no hope! (Unless you're the Bengals :unsure:)

I think there are players on the Dolphins that have a lot to prove this year like Bush, Marshall, Orton (if he ends up there), and Daniel Thomas will no doubt want to impress. The problem is your team is playing in a very tough division which never makes things easy. Sparano has a lot to prove as well because he knows he could be out the door soon if things don't improve there.

I like the Dolphins and I'm hoping they have a good year. It will be very tough to make the playoffs, but hopefully they can build a strong team to compete with the Jets (eww) and Pats.

• 2 weeks later...

Going to the Falcons v Packers game on October 9th, my 22nd birthday (love my falcons) AND the Cowboys v Giants on new years day!

Oh I'd love to goto another Cowboys game. I went one my anniversary (believe it or not) and had a good time. Only game I've ever been to.

Going to the Falcons v Packers game on October 9th, my 22nd birthday (love my falcons) AND the Cowboys v Giants on new years day!

Nice man, good for you!

I've got to get to at least one Seahawks game this year! Not that I really like them, but they are the closest NFL team to me :p

• 4 weeks later...