Best All Time Game Platform

What was/is the best gaming system?  

773 members have voted

1. 1. What was/is the best gaming system?

• Nintendo Entertainment System
    • Super Nintendo
    • Xbox
    • PC
    • Nintendo64
    • Gameboy, Gameboy Color, Gameboy Advance
    • Nintendo Gamecube
    • Playstation
    • Playstation 2
    • Other (Please Specify)

"Other" would include what I couldn't add in (and don't even care much for), Sega's stuff and the XBOX. If you prefer some other old or new platform (Turbo Grafx, Atari....) feel free to mention it.

umm you shouldve put GB/GBC/GBA under one category.. as well as PSX/PS2.. and added X-Box and DEFINITELLY Saturn.. it has a huuuuge cult following.. Genesis as well.. :/

but i chose PS2 only because it runs PSX games as well.. if it wasnt for that, PS1 would've been my choice.. :yes:

umm you shouldve put GB/GBC/GBA under one category.. as well as PSX/PS2.. and added X-Box and DEFINITELLY Saturn.. it has a huuuuge cult following.. Genesis as well.. :/

That is a good idea. If I could edit my poll I would do that.

Nothing of course will ever replace the PC for high performance gaming. But since we're talking consoles here I'm going to say the XBOX because not only is it a great system in itself, it also emulates almost every other console made up through the PS1 and N64.

Are you kidding me??? Sega Dreamcast isn't on your list?!?! It's the greatest system ever. I still play it - and I have Xbox and a good PC among others. I can't beleive it's finally over. I bought tons of games, got the broadband adapter, and played online all the time.

SNES, wish the North American version look like the Japanese though, much better looking

Yes it was. And didn't Japan have a special CD-ROM drive for it that we didn't?

I woud like to say Tandy Coco 3.. but sadly no :)

the NES was quite a revolutionary system for the time, I must say I spent plenty of hours sitting cross legged way to close to the tv with that system!

Until XBox? :blink:

Not saying that the Dreamcast scene is dead or dying, just that the XBOX scene absolutely exploded. IMHO its the biggest and fastest growing console scene out there.

I didn't think the CD-ROM ever made it pas prototype.

It made it faaaar past prototype, it's better known as the Playstation :laugh:

No, really it is - I'm sure you could find info if you google it.

I'd have to go with either the Snes or the Dreamcast, however the xbox is building up a spectacular library of games.

It's all about the Saturn baby.

Sega was more innovative in thier last days than Nintendo will ever be. Too bad American gamers just want madden XXXX, and rehashes of the same crap over and over again.

Examples:

Panzer Dragoon series

Dragon Force series

Shining Force series

Nights into dreams

Daytona USA (Online too)

The best 2d capcom fighters due to the ram cartridge

So many more, if only the system would have sold well. I'd love to get Panzer Dragoon Saga and a Saturn.

Edited by mAcOdIn

SNES all the way! All of the game franchises that are now on the PS2 exclusively started on the NES or SNES, and definately made themselves important on the SNES.

Some of the greatest games of all time came out on the SNES.

Mario World

Zelda

A bunch of Final Fantasy games

Gradius III

and more!!

The GameBoy series of systems is number two... because it's lasted for 14 years and is still going!

~D