Best All Time Game Platform

What was/is the best gaming system?  

773 members have voted

1. 1. What was/is the best gaming system?

• Nintendo Entertainment System
    • Super Nintendo
    • Xbox
    • PC
    • Nintendo64
    • Gameboy, Gameboy Color, Gameboy Advance
    • Nintendo Gamecube
    • Playstation
    • Playstation 2
    • Other (Please Specify)

This poll is ridiculous.

1) No Dreamcast listed.

2) It's flame-bait.

3) Personally, I've owned and played them all, but I like the Xbox since it handles 1080i and Dolby Digital 5.1, but that doesn't matter to the PS2/Nintendo fanboys. Since most people don't have the equipment to show what the Xbox can really do, the poll is inherently flawed.

4) No Atari 2600 listed. Seriously....

5) Gameboy and Gamboy Advance in the same option? Black and white/mono/no light vs. color/stereo/built in light?

There's no real answer to this poll, and whatever wins will win by popularity only.

Mike

I would have to say the NES cuz that started it all.
Oh, really? :rolleyes:
The original Nintendo is the mother, father, grandaddy of ALL. The game console scene was pretty pathetic up until NES blew the market wide open.

Uh, no.

Christ, you people don't know your history.

The NES is the ****** son of them all. Sorry.

Coleco Telstar (I owned one)

Odyssey 2

Atari 2600

Mike

This poll is ridiculous. There's no real answer to this poll, and whatever wins will win by popularity only.

Mike

Apparently you didn't read my other post. If I could've "predicted" (for lack of a better term) that this topic/poll was going to get as popular as it did, and even later get pinned, I'd have made the choices better. So if not "best" than, they can edit my title for 'Most popular game platform" if they find it necessary. I leave it up to one of the gamer mods here to decide, because I've never been much of a gamer myself.

Oh, really? :rolleyes:

The original Nintendo is the mother, father, grandaddy of ALL. The game console scene was pretty pathetic up until NES blew the market wide open.

Uh, no.

Christ, you people don't know your history.

The NES is the ****** son of them all. Sorry.

Coleco Telstar (I owned one)

Odyssey 2

Atari 2600

Mike

If you want to get all technical on me then the very first game created on a pc would have made that the very first game platform.

But did you read the 2nd part of my post? I acknowledged the game consoles pre-nes and called it pathetic. You would have to be completely out of it not to know about the pre-NES consoles. I even had a coleco and an atari, but hell, my little hand held games were more entertaining.

Like I said.

pre NES: game console scene barely existant

NES: Game console scene explodes. Nintendo becomes megacorporation overnight

post NES: a dozen imitators copy and improve upon the original and voila the game console industry is what it is today.

So while it may not exactly have the best graphics/games whatnot the NES is the single best console because it revolutionized the industry and paved the road for the rest.

• 2 weeks later...

dreamcast sucked... the controller was bad.. and there werent many good games for it... i prefer playstation... IT was revolutionary... it owned the console market... juz look at the shere games out there for it.

N64, because of Zelda. I spent countless hours playing that and Majora's Mask. Plus it had Super Smash Brothers (one of my all time favorites), Mario Parties (which were fun when they came out), Mario Kart, Super Mario 64, etc. I mean the list could go on and on (Oh and Quest 64, which got me started on RPGs), and although SNES was a fun game, my best friend had that when I was growing up, and I had the SEGA, while she had the SNES. Although SNES had Zelda (the best one), and Super Mario Brothers, Donkey Kong, that was about all I played. I have yet to find a game on 64 I don't like, so that makes 64 my all time favorite. Hopefully GameCube will take its place later on. :alien:

Playstation 1.

Best games ever made IMHO:

Metal Gear Solid

Final Fantasy VII

Final Fantasy IX

Final Fantasy Tactics

NFL Gameday 98

Chrono Cross <- My all time fave.

FF Chronicles

FF Anthology

Legend of Mana

Suikoden I/II

Grid Runner

Darkstone

Tekken 3

Gran Turismo 1/2

Breath of Fire 3/4

Woo...

Xbox? Don't make me laugh...it has yet to really make a name for itself with REAL games.

Atari? Maybe...but considering that they pretty much killed the industry in the early 1980's, that's gonna hurt their record.

It's a close tie with the NES and SNES for me...it was all about GAMEPLAY in those days. All you kiddies now-a-days that were raised on the PSX and up don't know what a REAL game is supposed to be like.

I ain't that old btw...I'm 23.

Edited by jago

N64 definately

Goldeneye was on it. Need I say more?

No, but I will. I sold my 64 when PS2 was about a year old because I thought it was getting too old. I brought a PS2. I hated it. It has to load all the time and makes a noise and it needs a memory card to save. The 64 didnt ever need to load. IMO sony dominate only because the PS used CDs which was a new technology noobs just knew must be "better".