Best All Time Game Platform

What was/is the best gaming system?  

773 members have voted

1. 1. What was/is the best gaming system?

• Nintendo Entertainment System
    • Super Nintendo
    • Xbox
    • PC
    • Nintendo64
    • Gameboy, Gameboy Color, Gameboy Advance
    • Nintendo Gamecube
    • Playstation
    • Playstation 2
    • Other (Please Specify)

NeoGeo pocket color...best hand-held...SNKvsCapcom for it was the best portable fighter ever.

I agree, NeoGeo pocket rules! Samurai Showdown on it was awesome! :yes:

I had a great time with the SNES, to me, that was the box that started it all. Games like Zelda 3, R-type, Final Fantasy 3(6), Actraiser, Lufia 2, Super Mario Word, Yoshi's Island, Secret of Mana, Street Fighter, MegaMan X and so on and on and on and on!

These games are still great fun to play today!

SNES!

A hell of a lot of games these days focus on graphics more than game play, in the good ole' days, SNES couldn't really do much about their graphics but everyone accepted it and the gameplay of the games on the platform was just excellent. Zelda, FF series, Chrono Cross, Chrono Trigger, Lufia series, Breath of Fire series, Secret Of Mana, Terranigma etc etc etc were mad ass games!

As most have said, SNES is definately the #1 console to this day. Then it would be the Dreamcast for the short time it was around because it just plain rocked and was the only Sega hardware product I've ever liked.

The super famicom... or super nintendo to all you hippies !!

LoL

It was the home of 90% of all my fav RPG's of all time. Such a cool system...

Chrono Trigger, FFVI, Paladins Quest...

I only wish I could find mine.

I actually had a chance to play one of those silly things. Hotel Mario was actually quite good. And weren't there also a few Legend of Zelda's on it, even though they weren't made by Nintendo or something? I came across information on them once, they looked interesting. In one I think you could actually play as Zelda because Link got captured for once.

Yeah, there was a Zelda game on it. I had it. I played it for about 5 minutes, and didn't touch it. I still have it.

The Legend of Zelda: The Faces of Evil.

Zelda got kidnapped, I believe though.... I dunno if you could play as Zelda, beacuse as I said, I couldn't play it with all its HORRIBLE graphics, and lame story.

zeldaevil_cdi.jpg

and to make things worse...:rofl:

post-16-1066524799.jpg

Yes it was. And didn't Japan have a special CD-ROM drive for it that we didn't?

yup :shifty: :shifty: :shifty: :shifty: :shifty: :shifty: :shifty:

The Dreamcast by faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar. The memory cards where cool, graphics where cool, and it was revolutionary by bringin online console gaming. Best system in my opinion.