Just pre-ordered this on Steam as well. It looks pretty fun but I doubt it will be as in depth as DE:HR. I mean, ID even said it wasn't an RPG, just a shooter with a good story.

Final gameplay video for RAGE takes you into Jackal Canyon

Bethesda has released one final gameplay video for RAGE before it’s release, and it’s called: Jackal Canyon: Recover the Decrypter. In it, the Resistance has heard rumors of an Ark surfacing in Jackal Valley, and you are tasked with searching the site for a data decrypter, which is apparently very valuable. Finding it won’t be easy either as the Jackal Clan awaits those who dare to venture into their territory.

RAGE releases next week in on October 4 in the US and October 7 in Europe.

Source: VG247

Amazing.

thanks for posting that Anaron.

not expecting this to be RPG at all, but it seems there's a lot of weapon tweaking involved, so that's role playing right there in a way. also, are we still having problems pre-loading this on Steam? haven't tried recently.

EDIT: still getting the server busy message when trying to pre-load. i hope they fix this, i wanna play Rage by the weekend!

Is something not coming across for me watching the videos? I mean, it looks like any other FPS in a pretty cool environment. I just want to see what kind of depth there is in the game and I haven't been wowed thus far.

dude it's 21 gigs of game, it can't be all that bad :p i am def looking forward to this, to me it looks very nice. looks like the sequel Borderlands should have gotten (as it is Borderlands 2 just looks like a big DLC for the first game...)

Rage looks interesting, even though I haven't paid much attention to it. Unfortunately, looking interesting isn't enough to justify me purchasing games at the moment. This is the time of the year when everything I want releases, so I can't see myself being able to get Rage as well. It looks fun, but as was said above, I can see it being overshadowed by the major first-person shooters. I did notice a novel based on the game in my local supermarket though, so I might be able to pick that up instead. £3.97 for the book of the game is a lot less than £39.99 or so for the game. Perhaps it'll be on offer or something though, and I'll be able to pick it up cheap. We'll see. The art direction is very nice, though. I like it a lot.

I saw a "last chance" offer pop-up when I logged in to Steam today, so I bit my tongue and pre-ordered the Anarchy Edition. The gameplay trailers are amazing so I'm beyond excited!

Oh snap!!! Did not realize it comes out tomorrow. Pre-loading it on Steam right now. Very excited to check it out tomorrow night when I get home from work. (Y)

i'm surprised this game isn't getting more love from everyone around here...

Well I would love to buy this game at release but funds are tight and I have to choose between this and BF3. In the long run I'll get way more game play out of BF3 so I have to go with that and Rage will eventually be ~$30. Sadly I think that's how most people will look at it and this games sales will not be what the game probably deserves because of that.

Yeah, I already plan on buying Battlefield 3 and Modern Warfare 3. If I had the money, I'd also buy this game. It's such a shame that it's being released so close to two major FPS titles. :(

While I understand if people cannot do it for financial reasons, I do see this game being drastically different than MW3 and BF3 so it does not bother me they are being released so closely together. Really, really looking forward to checking it out tomorrow. All of a sudden extremely excited. It was truly a surprise when I launched Steam today to download the Gotham City Imposters Beta and saw I could preload it which led me to check the release date. I preordered it awhile back, so really had no clue. Cannot wait.

I am pretty upset because I just found out the Gamestop I pre-ordered it at, is the only one around me that's not doing the Midnight Launch. Ugh...I've been waiting for this game since I first saw it in 08.

Well, I still need to finish Deus Ex and will be working on Dark Souls, Arkham City, as well as Skyrim and BF3 so RAGE is way down the list. I'll admit, I haven't followed the development much so I'll wait until later to give it a go.

Got it. Thinking I'm about to spend the next hour installing to HD though (360).

Curious for you PC guys, whats the install like. And anyone got a guide for the recipes/schematics/playcards? Little early to ask, but doesn't hurt.

Ign gave it a 8.5/10. Not a bad review, does not seem like my type of game, though. Just a straight up shooter will not hold me, i need story, or a robust competitive multiplayer. I'll be passing on this game for a bit, till it drops in price a good chunk.

Cant really trust any review where reviewer only played for a few hours. Reviews should be written after the completion of the game.

Erm, most reviewers get the final code well before the release date. It takes a couple of weeks to press the final version to discs. So it's more than "a few hours."