Not seing even remotly close to whats happening there on my end, There has to be something taking up resources on your end if thats whats going on

Not my video. Just one of the many popping up all over the net.

The user has his specs listed under the video if I'm not mistaken.

Have a glimpse at the steam forums. Pretty entertaining atm.

After the Dead Island fiasco, I was taught a little patience doesn't hurt when it comes to pc preorders.

big deal, most game's don't support SLI/Crossfire anyways... it's the hardware manufacturers that do it via drivers. I'm pretty sure nvidia cards can do SLI with the game. The game may not run as well as it could with two vid cards, but SLI/Crossfire will still give you a performance boost.

Then i may missunderstand program/multiGPU association, i was under assumption that the game had to be programed with specific extensions in order to split the information between both cards. If its all driver related then im shure ATI/Nvidia will releace driver/profiles for the game. But that doesnt make it the games fault, they had access to the info of rage while it was being developed. Chose to early beta drivers for BF3 indead of Rage/BF3

This is what ars had to say about the game:

• No story to speak of
  • No characters that make an impression
  • Linear
  • Broken save system
  • Dull mechanics
  • Tedious quests
  • Weak shooting
  • Stock weapons
  • Racing is fun
  • Minigames are enjoyable
  • Very pretty

Based on their review I think I'll give it a miss. I wasn't really that interested in it before but after their review (which I trust) I'm gonna skip this title.

The 285.38 nVidia drivers are recommended to fix issues with this (says Bethesda). I'm unable to test this, or I would. Anyone tried it?

If they are the same beta drivers that were releaced for BF3 beta then i can think i can confirm, have been running those drivers since BF3 Beta came out.

And i dont have a single problem with rage ATM since it unlocked last night from steam

Then i may missunderstand program/multiGPU association, i was under assumption that the game had to be programed with specific extensions in order to split the information between both cards. If its all driver related then im shure ATI/Nvidia will releace driver/profiles for the game. But that doesnt make it the games fault, they had access to the info of rage while it was being developed. Chose to early beta drivers for BF3 indead of Rage/BF3

:argh: :argh: :argh: :argh: :argh: :argh: :argh: :argh: :argh: :argh: :argh:

IT"S THE GAMES FAULT!

Its the games fault, ok, fine, ill continue to play a borked game perfectly fine with no problems at all. I didnt realize i had the magic configuration that passed QA testing

Have fun.

:|

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Oh... my... goodness... this is a John Carmack game? I'm sorry, but I don't feel the least bit bad about laughing at this if that's the effort id's going to put into their games.

Another PC developer bites the dust.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Oh... my... goodness... this is a John Carmack game? I'm sorry, but I don't feel the least bit bad about laughing at this if that's the effort id's going to put into their games.

Another PC developer bites the dust.

don't worry, it's not the game's fault, it's his computer :rolleyes:

http://www.giantbomb.com/quick-look-rage/17-4996/

This was on the 360. I'm about half way through the video. Looks really good graphics-wise.

Was debating on getting it for 360 also, hopefully there will be DLC to add more gametypes. The only game i played online was fun, ut like with Twisted Metal, got boring quick. I think i was the only one grabbing the ore, end score was 200 me to 98 second place

I saw that video while browsing YouTube earlier. What a damn shame. I feel bad for all the PC gamers out there with the texture streaming issue. Seriously, you'd think they'd catch that while testing the game. I was hoping id Software could make a comeback to PC gaming. It looks like they put more effort into the console versions which is unfortunate. After all, they invented the first-person shooter.

Because i have the exact same game others have, if the game was borked, then everybody would be having the issues.

EXACTLY. The game remains the same; Though the hardware it's being played on, does not.

Which is why "advanced settings" is a pc standard. You're only strengthening my point about this being a failed port.

Your previous statement on ID's reasoning for not including these settings simply because people would only scale them up making their games unplayable, is beyond absurd.

When something runs like crap on a system. First thing users tend to do is turn their game down.

Why you continuously insist on defending this release just cause it works on your setup while ignoring the many issues presented by others boggles me.

Issues are present across all platforms and are continuously mentioned and pointed out by every reviewer in this case.

Consider yourself amongst the minority of those getting a flawless experience.

Like I said, tons of people are experiencing many different issues.

Seems ID didn't take this PC version seriously as it may just be a weak console port. A very poor one at that.

The game only seems to auto-scale resolution. It doesn't magically adjust itself to work simply off a list of components it detects.

Not taking into consideration the different results when uniquely paired.

Hehe, if games did this there wouldn't be a need for patches now would there?

Edited: slightly reworded

Seems ID didn't take this PC version seriously as it may just be a weak console port. A very poor one at that.

And why would any developer care about a PC port when all PC gamers do is; complain, whine, moan and cry some more.

In fact I don't see anything in PC Gaming forums nowadays except constant stream of crying and whining. If I was a developer I would give the whole platform a big middle finger.

EXACTLY. The game remains the same; Though the system it's being played on, does not.

Which is why "advanced/graphical settings" is a pc standard. You only proved my point that this was a failed pc release.

Why you continuously insist on defending this release just cause it works on your setup while ignoring the many issues presented by others boggles me.

These issues present across all platforms and are continuously mentioned and pointed out by every reviewer. Consider yourself amongst the minority of those getting a flawless experience.

Like I said, tons of people are experiencing many different issues.

I agree with you in saying its the system the game is being played on, but to that extent, it is the games fault for not working like intended on a plethora of hardware configurations that more than meet the minimum requirements.

Remember people, just because the game works fine for you doesn't mean it works fine for everyone and nothing is wrong with the game. There are often bugs in games that cause the game to not work properly on specific hardware configs.

And why would any developer care about a PC port when all PC gamers do is; complain, whine, moan and cry some more.

Because people complain, whine, moan and cry about issues the games have.....if developers took an extra 2 months to iron out some of the bugs they have at launch, people wouldn't complain, whine, moan and cry as much as they do.

Honestly though, they should care because them caring leads to more sales. So what your really asking is "Why would any developer care about a PC port when they know their crappy game won't make money anyway?", well maybe if they cared to begin with, their game wouldn't be crappy and would make them more money. More companies need to be like Blizzard, not giving release dates until they know 100% that the game is ready to launch and fixing all the major bugs before release, instead of releasing a game then releasing a patch a week later to fix some of the major bugs the release version had.

Its almost like developers are using game bugs to push away pirates.....release a crappy version of the game, then fix it a week later after the crappy version is cracked.

In fact I don't see anything in PC Gaming forums nowadays except constant stream of crying and whining. If I was a developer I would give the whole platform a big middle finger.

The PC gaming community is known to have a relentless vocal minority. And to be fair, most developers these days skip out on features that were available in PC games years ago. They also release buggy games. If you're a PC gamer and your favourite game lacked quick saving, dedicated servers, and had a lot of bugs... you'd probably be disappointed too.

you know PC gaming is more profitable now right and companies are realizing this and slowly flocking back?? so they should care.

During the GiantBomb quick look, they bring up the texture popping and Carmack even admitted to it happening with the engine (on the 360) if you spin enough. Maybe this is happening on PC also. They said this is happening even worse on the PS3 so...more fuel for the fire!

During the GiantBomb quick look, they bring up the texture popping and Carmack even admitted to it happening with the engine (on the 360) if you spin enough. Maybe this is happening on PC also. They said this is happening even worse on the PS3 so...more fuel for the fire!

I wowed at the comment Brad made stating Carmack's instructions on how to actually "Break the engine" lol!

Steam finally allowed me to play this. Now I'm okay with the game not really bothering loading the textures fast enough sometimes when you move your mouse faster than gamepad's movement speed (which is always), but the random crashes are terrible.

Played for only about 50 minutes (last auto save says 46), and already the game crashed three times in random spots for no reason. I really doubt the game was properly tested for PCs before release.

And excuse me daPhoenix, for not being happy with the product I paid good money for with no option for a refund or sell the game on ebay (you know, the things you can do with a game on consoles no matter if it was played or not).

I'm enjoying the game actually but it does have some serious technical issues to overcome. It stinks of consolitis which is really disappointing coming from iD. To their credit though the action feels as solid as ever, which is all that really matters. The texture pop issues is quite annoying though, easily the biggest issue. Its quite pretty when moving in the same direction, best looking apocalypse to date easily. Its just a shame iD has dropped the ball on advanced options since Doom3 but this is a new level of pandering to the masses. I think I'm more ****ed because this is the first $60 PC title I've ever bought and naively thought the extra would be supporting PC development.

Daphoenix, maybe if you noobsticks didn't have such amazingly low standards we would get better ports to begin with.

AMD has at at least admitted its partially a driver issue and will be releasing an update soon.

heh heh handbasket just give it a rest dude, i was very supportive of this game but it's totally broken. most people are having this issue, on my PC it looks exactly like the videos online, textures popping like nobody's business, it's quite comical actually except i pre-ordered and paid 60 bucks for this mess. i really hope they fix it soon, how can they be so incompetent as to let something like this through testing? if i were even remotely as bad at my job i'd be on the bread line or worse in five minutes flat.

Available: 7 October 2011. This game will unlock in approximately 2 days and 8 hours.

Is the UK release 3 days after the US release or something? What's this crap?

Is the UK release 3 days after the US release or something? What's this crap?

Isn't this common practice? I remember last couple steam releases being this way.