• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  

Apple iPhone 5 Conference Information

132 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

iuerg87yerg879e0rg9erugjer    39

i must say i am rather disappointed that there is no 4G support, though i still happy it now has dual antennas

.Markus    194

No it's not, one is an update, one is a new design. duh

So there you go bud, the iPhone 4S features a new antenna layout and completely new innards.Merry christmas.

Boz    1,324

I know right, crazy. Say when did you preorder Battlefield 3?

Right. But I do wonder if he pre-ordered it before playing it or seeing actual gameplay and not just trailers. I mean you wouldn't just buy a phone based on an advert online you'd try it in store right? That's how I feel about games.

Erm, I preordered 2 days before BETA but I was E3 and I saw the game in action even much earlier than beta.

And even if I didn't people have seen what the game will look like from the trailers or they had information what the game will feature, have and so on.

With iPhone you have zero information but heavy speculation that usually turns out to be false so deciding to buy something before you even know what is the reflection of an average consumer infatuated with hype rather than rational logic. You don't see the difference?

Vice    1,593

With iPhone you have zero information but heavy speculation that usually turns out to be false so deciding to buy something before you even know what is the reflection of an average consumer infatuated with hype rather than rational logic. You don't see the difference?

uhuh the speculation is usually false huh? Like when the iPhone 4 was leaked in a bar and we knew every component it had inside and then with the current rumors for the iPhone 4S which turned out to be dead on the money right down to the Siri UI Lol

djdanster    594
http://www.apple.com/ is down. Access denied!

perochan    150

http://www.apple.com/ is down. Access denied!

they are updating the site...

Boz    1,324

uhuh the speculation is usually false huh? Like when the iPhone 4 was leaked in a bar and we knew every component it had inside and then with the current rumors for the iPhone 4S which turned out to be dead on the money right down to the Siri UI Lol

Except for the fact that everyone wanted to buy iPhone 5 and not marginal upgrade iPhone 4S turned out to be. S2 is still a better phone which is hugely dissapointing to everyone they are just trying to hide it.

Buw it's all good.. they have 16 clocks in an iPod nano now.. Apple thought: "Hey we have 16 clocks in a clock for you to get even more time" :)

Oh and it has now a sarcastic weather app.. Faaaaantastic! :)

SMELTN    142

so Siri is pretty darn nice. I am still getting the phone, since I am just plan tired of Android, but I was really disappointed we didnt get a bigger screen or new design or NFC..

btw Apple.com is back up

rajputwarrior    280

Except for the fact that everyone wanted to buy iPhone 5 and not marginal upgrade iPhone 4S turned out to be. S2 is still a better phone.

really? is it? with an OS that has no hardware acceleration and that can barely take advantage of dual cores... yeah. wayyyyyyy better phone.

Rudy    457

I'm annoyed...I wanted a larger screen :/

I will be buying a new iPhone and just you watch....next June they'll have what I wanted lol

Damian    119

S2 is still a better phone which is hugely dissapointing to everyone they are just trying to hide it.

Not when it doesn't run iOS which I prefer.

2xSilverKnight    179

really? is it? with an OS that has no hardware acceleration and that can barely take advantage of dual cores... yeah. wayyyyyyy better phone.

Yeah the SGS2 is way better. I have one in my hands right now. And BTW, it does have hardware acceleration.

rajputwarrior    280

I'm annoyed...I wanted a larger screen :/

I will be buying a new iPhone and just you watch....next June they'll have what I wanted lol

and that's the one i'll be getting ;)

2xSilverKnight    179

Yeah the SGS2 is way better. I have one in my hands right now. And BTW, it does have hardware acceleration.

SO much more things I can do with a SGS2 than an iPhone 4. It's called XDA Developers.

Elliott    235

I gotta say, I'm pretty happy with the idea of the iPhone 4S. There's a pretty big difference between an A4 and an A5, and Siri seems awesome (though I'm sure it's completely doable on the iPhone 4 and Apple's just holding it as a selling point for the 4S).

rajputwarrior    280

... no it doesn't. at all. 2.3 doesn't have hardware acceleration and the hardware acceleration in 3.2 is a joke. you tried though...

and what more can a rooted android do over a jailbroken iphone?

Vice    1,593

Except for the fact that everyone wanted to buy iPhone 5 and not marginal upgrade iPhone 4S turned out to be. S2 is still a better phone which is hugely dissapointing to everyone they are just trying to hide it.

Buw it's all good.. they have 16 clocks in an iPod nano now.. Apple thought: "Hey we have 16 clocks in a clock for you to get even more time" :)

Oh and it has now a sarcastic weather app.. Faaaaantastic! :)

Of course we wanted a newly designed iPhone, the iPhone 4 has been in the market for like 15 months now. But the rumours were dead on the money about an iPhone 4S. The only information we've had about an iPhone 5 is the case accessories. And I think you're really underestimating how useful Siri is.

I could see myself using Siri all the time. Also about the iPod Clocks are you like five years old? They added those so people who want to turn it in to a watch have more choices for the face. You sound childish picking on that.

Elliott    235

I could see myself using Siri all the time.

Same here. Not just while driving either.

booboo    6

Anyone else got the apple.com/iphone page showing blue background and looking completely ****ed up...

Elliott    235

Anyone else got the apple.com/iphone page showing blue background and looking completely ****ed up...

I don't think the changes to the site have made it across Apple's whole CDN yet.

.Neo    1,834

Damn it, we won't be getting a cheap iPod classic rajputwarrior... :(

iuerg87yerg879e0rg9erugjer    39

iOS 5 GM has hit the dev centre :p

rajputwarrior    280

who cares if the phone is spec'ed well when the OS can't take real advantage of it?

Damn it, we won't be getting a cheap iPod classic rajputwarrior... :(

i know :( it's all i wanted out of this conference...

now jailbreak iOS 5 damn you!

Boz    1,324

apple.com is hacked

running who is on apple.com gives you this .. ha ha ha..

>whois apple.com

APPLE.COM.WAS.PWNED.BY.M1CROSOFT.COM

APPLE.COM.IS.OWN3D.BY.NAKEDJER.COM

APPLE.COM.IS.0WN3D.BY.GULLI.COM

Rudy    457

and that's the one i'll be getting ;)

I would wait too but I really need a retina device to test my games on and my fiancee wants a new phone anyways