Apple iPhone 5 Conference Information

132 members have voted

1. 1. If you are an Android user will you buy the iPhone 5?

• Yes
    • No
    • Undecided

apple.com is hacked

running who is on apple.com gives you this .. ha ha ha..

>whois apple.com

APPLE.COM.WAS.PWNED.BY.M1CROSOFT.COM

APPLE.COM.IS.OWN3D.BY.NAKEDJER.COM

APPLE.COM.IS.0WN3D.BY.GULLI.COM

works fine and no it doesn't...

Domain Name: apple.com

Updated: 2 minutes ago - Refresh

Registrar: MARKMONITOR INC.

Whois Server: whois.markmonitor.com

Referral URL: http://www.markmonitor.com

Status: clientDeleteProhibited, clientTransferProhibited, clientUpdateProhibited

Expiration Date: 2020-02-20

Creation Date: 1987-02-19

Last Update Date: 2010-04-27

Name Servers:

nserver.apple.com

nserver.asia.apple.com

nserver.euro.apple.com

nserver2.apple.com

nserver3.apple.com

nserver4.apple.com

See apple.com DNS Records

APPLE.COM.WWW.BEYONDWHOIS.COM

APPLE.COM.WAS.PWNED.BY.M1CROSOFT.COM

APPLE.COM.MORE.INFO.AT.WWW.BEYONDWHOIS.COM

APPLE.COM.IS.OWN3D.BY.NAKEDJER.COM

APPLE.COM.IS.0WN3D.BY.GULLI.COM

APPLE.COM.BEYONDWHOIS.COM

APPLE.COM.AT.WWW.BEYONDWHOIS.COM

APPLE.COM

:p

i know :( it's all i wanted out of this conference...

Considering I bought my very first iPod 4g 40 GB for €440 back in 2004 €229 really isn't that much though. Can't really remember what I bought my 2007 iPod classic for though, I think it was 80 GB or something.

... no it doesn't. at all. 2.3 doesn't have hardware acceleration and the hardware acceleration in 3.2 is a joke. you tried though...

and what more can a rooted android do over a jailbroken iphone?

From what I'm aware of, the SGS2 at least has a hardware accelerated browser - but that's not Google's doing, it's Samsung's own work.

I think the biggest question why not present it in June? Was they waiting for iOS5 and do they themselves feel its not enough of a jump in tech to call iphone 5?

Its impressive phone on its own, Siri is probably a game changer but I think most where wanting a nice new piece of industrial design or bigger screen.

4G doesn't bother me, at this moment in time I'd prefer the battery life.

I think the biggest question why not present it in June? Was they waiting for iOS5 and do they themselves feel its not enough of a jump in tech to call iphone 5?

Its impressive phone on its own, Siri is probably a game changer but I think most where wanting a nice new piece of industrial design or bigger screen.

4G doesn't bother me, at this moment in time I'd prefer the battery life.

i don't understand why everyone wants a bigger screen... the screen that it has now is perfect sized IMO.

And you've been here long enough to know to put someone on ignore if you have a problem with them...

On topic: I'm not impressed... Looks like I'll be staying with Android... I was really hoping for the iphone 5 too...

Not impressed with a Dual Core CPU/GPU, new anntena update, 8MP Camera that also does 1080p Video with image stabilisation and temporal noise reduction?

Thats completely ignoring the Siri voice command 'AI' that lets you use normal speak to command your phone instead of pre-deterimined commands.

The only thing thats stopping them calling it iPhone 5 is the fact that it comes in the same form-factor as iPhone 4.

Not once did Apple say that iPhone 5 was coming, so called tech analysts and unprofessional blog news sites start spreading rumours that iPhone 5 might be coming, everyone gets overhyped and its somehow Apples fault?????

Apple dropped the ball with the one feature they desperately need, a bigger screen. My iPhone 4 will suffice until next year, but if there is no bigger screen by then, I will have to bail ship and go Android.

To summarise:

iPhone 4S IS the iPhone 5. Being the 5th iPhone.

Next year we'll get the iPhone 6. Naturally.

But will it be June or September! Let the speculation begin :p

Apple dropped the ball with the one feature they desperately need, a bigger screen. My iPhone 4 will suffice until next year, but if there is no bigger screen by then, I will have to bail ship and go Android.

To be honest, the 3.5" screen is perfect for most people. Sure, Apple could make the bezel around the screen thinner, but my colleagues at work and myself for example would never buy a phone with a larger form factor.

There is absolutely a market for people who want a 4"+ screen on their mobile, all I'm saying is that the market is even larger for people who prefer the current size.

No offense and I don't want to troll at all I'm just genuinely curious what all the demand for a bigger screen is :blink: I know it's personal preference but what do people actually gain from a bigger screen is what I scratch my head over :/ I used old gen iPhones, the iPhone 4, a HTC Desire and a HTC Desire HD and I have to say the 3.7" display of the normal Desire seemed about perfect to operate with one hand while the 4.3" screen of the Desire HD of a friend was a pain to operate :pinch:

I do agree that 3.5" is a bit small but in this case I would say rather a bit too small and comfortable than too big and hand cramping, though maybe I just have small hands :p

To be honest, the 3.5" screen is perfect for most people. Sure, Apple could make the bezel around the screen thinner, but my colleagues at work and myself for example would never buy a phone with a larger form factor.

There is absolutely a market for people who want a 4"+ screen on their mobile, all I'm saying is that the market is even larger for people who prefer the current size.

+1 I also am part of the group who finds the current form factor the sweet spot. If they can keep it and bring it up to 3.7" okay but please no bigger phone^^

I was expecting a new design, but I suppose if the current design works then there's no reason to scrap it (And it means companies don't have to re-design their cases)

I am glad they didn't jump on the "4G" bandwagon, every company takes that to mean something different so there are compatibility issues (Although it'd be funny if Apple did release the first true 4G phone by using LTE Advanced, but that wouldn't work well)

Personally I don't care about the name, iPhone 5 or 4S doesn't matter it's just a name. The spec bumps are on par with what I expected BUT I was really hoping for a 4+ inch screen :/ If all they were going to do was bump the specs they should have released it in June like they always do.

I agree Rudy, but I still wonder if the reason they waited was because of supply chain issues with the earthquake/tsunami ?