my biggest gripe with the game are the graphics... unreal engine lookin outdated nowadays.

What?! This game probably has the best graphics ever!

• Like 1

my biggest gripe with the game are the graphics... unreal engine lookin outdated nowadays.

Really? It doesn't look as good as CryENGINE 3 or Frostbite 2 but it definitely comes in third. I thought the best-looking Unreal Engine 3 game was Batman: Arkham City. Mass Effect 3 easily takes this title now. The post-processing AA makes it look much better than Mass Effect 2. I must say though, some of the textures don't look so good. And some of the animations aren't great either. Aside from that, the game looks great to me. It's up there with Battlefield 3, Crysis 2, and Batman: Arkham City.

Anyway, it looks like BioWare went to great lengths to make the game unmodifiable. In Mass Effect 2, you could edit the Coalesced.ini configuration file to mod the game or cheat. I used it to give my Shepard red eyes without the cracked skin and to increase the shadow resolution. For now, I don't know of a way to tweak Mass Effect 3.

Really? It doesn't look as good as CryENGINE 3 or Frostbite 2 but it definitely comes in third. I thought the best-looking Unreal Engine 3 game was Batman: Arkham City. Mass Effect 3 easily takes this title now. The post-processing AA makes it look much better than Mass Effect 2. I must say though, some of the textures don't look so good. And some of the animations aren't great either. Aside from that, the game looks great to me. It's up there with Battlefield 3, Crysis 2, and Batman: Arkham City.

Anyway, it looks like BioWare went to great lengths to make the game unmodifiable. In Mass Effect 2, you could edit the Coalesced.ini configuration file to mod the game or cheat. I used it to give my Shepard red eyes without the cracked skin and to increase the shadow resolution. For now, I don't know of a way to Mass Effect 3.

I dunno what to say. Textures are low res. Models are jaggy with AA cranked up. I'm playing it on PC and compared to some of the games I've played on my comp including the new batman, looks meh. I'm playing at 1080p.

I dunno what to say. Textures are low res. Models are jaggy with AA cranked up. I'm playing it on PC and compared to some of the games I've played on my comp including the new batman, looks meh. I'm playing at 1080p.

I guess it's just a matter of preference. Once people figure out how to mod Mass Effect 3, you should be able to increase the texture resolution of the characters. This was possible in Mass Effect 2 (see here). There's a drawback though and it's what prevented me from using the mod: increased load times and decreased performance. As much as I prefer better graphics, I can't stand waiting a long time for the game to load. The mod I linked above has two versions and the lowest load time is five minutes. As for AA, are you using the post-process AA or MSAA? Unreal Engine 3 doesn't support MSAA in DX9 mode and brute force methods aren't always perfect. It's such a shame because Rocksteady Studios managed to get AA working in their Batman games.

When I first saw the Normandy in the beginning of the game, the word 'Normandy' across the side of the ship was all jagged edges. I was thinking to myself, "That ship needs a better paint job!"

Some things look beautiful, some things pixelated.

I don't understand! I adjusted all of the two graphics options!

When I first saw the Normandy in the beginning of the game, the word 'Normandy' across the side of the ship was all jagged edges. I was thinking to my self, "That ship needs a better paint job!" Some things look beautiful, some things pixelated.

I don't understand! I adjust all of the two graphics options!

if you go in the install directory there is a masseffect3config.exe in there with a ton more graphics tuning options. becuase origin is the bain of a pc player's existence they didnt link that file like they did in the last game with the start menu shortcuts or in steam where you could tell it to launch the config program.

This game has made me see just how attached I am to all these characters from previous games. For those that have done the mission right after the prologue on Earth

I was like O **** when Ashley went down. For a second I thought they were gonna start this thrill ride off with a huge drop and have her killed right at the start.

Is anyone else a fan of the M-76 Revenant? I used to shred my enemies apart with it in Mass Effect 2. I can't wait to get it in Mass Effect 3. Armour-piercing ammo coupled with a machine gun results in massive devastation. For now, I'm using a fully upgraded M-15 Vindicator.

I LOVE the vindicator. Beats the crap out of every other gun in the game (excluding heavy weapons).

Nah, I'm a fan of Collectors Assault Rifle. Well, ok, mostly I love its distinct "whine" sound.

Does it exist in Mass Effect 3, too?

I do agree that the collector rifle is the mutts nuts (I also love the noise), however I tended to find myself using the grenade launcher more. Lots of ammo and lots of damage with the GL, whereas I found that the collector rifle lacked some punch and ammo ran out quickly. I loved beating down heavy mechs with the grenade launcher, so satisfying.

Anyway, it looks like BioWare went to great lengths to make the game unmodifiable. In Mass Effect 2, you could edit the Coalesced.ini configuration file to mod the game or cheat. I used it to give my Shepard red eyes without the cracked skin and to increase the shadow resolution. For now, I don't know of a way to tweak Mass Effect 3.

its the same deal in me 3 with the coalesced.bin you use ME3 Coalesced utility and edit like you would in 2.

if you go in the install directory there is a masseffect3config.exe in there with a ton more graphics tuning options. becuase origin is the bain of a pc player's existence they didnt link that file like they did in the last game with the start menu shortcuts or in steam where you could tell it to launch the config program.

Whoever decided against having a launcher is severely misinformed. Having a launcher would let a lot of people know about the configuration utility. :/

I LOVE the vindicator. Beats the crap out of every other gun in the game (excluding heavy weapons).

[...]

:) (Y)

its the same deal in me 3 with the coalesced.bin you use ME3 Coalesced utility and edit like you would in 2.

Thanks! I looked for one yesterday and I gave up my search. (Y)

so i told liara i still wanna to be with her when she asked what's up with miranda. i said of course i want to be with you cause i forgot who miranda was. after i said "i want to be with you" i realized i had made a mistake and who miranda was and thought "I CAN"T BELEIVE I JUST REJECTED YVONE STRAHOVSKI!!!" liara is getting cheated on...

vindicator is a great gun. i use that with a mix of two pistols. i like keeping the weight down for better reload. I have like a 110 percent speed bonus or something like that right now.

so i told liara i still wanna to be with her when she asked what's up with miranda. i said of course i want to be with you cause i forgot who miranda was. after i said "i want to be with you" i realized i had made a mistake and who miranda was and thought "I CAN"T BELEIVE I JUST REJECTED YVONE STRAHOVSKI!!!" liara is getting cheated on...

vindicator is a great gun. i use that with a mix of two pistols. i like keeping the weight down for better reload. I have like a 110 percent speed bonus or something like that right now.

lol

I can't remember if I told Ashley I still wanted to be with her but I stood my ground when she mentioned Miranda and said she left me and I moved on. I was like hell no, if I had to take renegade points for that I would lol. Was very happy when I got the e-mail from Miranda and got to see her again

When I first saw the Normandy in the beginning of the game, the word 'Normandy' across the side of the ship was all jagged edges. I was thinking to myself, "That ship needs a better paint job!"

Yep, it's noticeable on the Xbox 360. Here is an in-game screenshot I took and you'll notice the jagged lines on sharp cornered objects (best to view the full size image)

post-389186-0-89300000-1331185512_thumb.

To the guy who was disappointed in the ending - what was your effective military score? Ending depends on it...

Apparently I got shafted because I haven't played multiplayer and didn't do every single scan to find all the missing war resources.

It would seem that to have a "proper" (since my main character is superbly paragon) ending you have to go online and get yourself more war readiness. I have a suggestion Bioware; go **** yourself. I bought, and now I regret it a bit, a single player RPG and not a game that I'm forced to play with some random idiots.

I cannot facepalm enough to show how much the whole mechanic dismays me. Hopefully I can find a trainer that gets the job done.

Apparently I got shafted because I haven't played multiplayer and didn't do every single scan to find all the missing war resources.

It would seem that to have a "proper" (since my main character is superbly paragon) ending you have to go online and get yourself more war readiness. I have a suggestion Bioware; go **** yourself. I bought, and now I regret it a bit, a single player RPG and not a game that I'm forced to play with some random idiots.

I cannot facepalm enough to show how much the whole mechanic dismays me. Hopefully I can find a trainer that gets the job done.

Really? You have to play online to do well in the single player? That's stupid if true.

No you don't.

It helps you along the way but doesn't affect the ending.

The 'effective military strength' bar decides your ending.

Mass-Effect-3-War-Assets.jpg

Depending on the amount of assets you recruit during the game will decide which ending you get, the more assets you recruit the better your ending will be.

No you don't.

It helps you along the way but doesn't affect the ending.

The 'effective military strength' bar decides your ending.

Depending on the amount of assets you recruit during the game will decide which ending you get, the more assets you recruit the better your ending will be.

But can you max that out without playing online?

Yes, that bar tells you how many war assets you have recruited, only the readiness rating is affected by multiplayer which doesn't affect which ending you get. You just get extra help along the way I think.